This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are our customers really that bad?

One of the store techs I've gotten to know over the past several years is on his 3rd or 4th tour of duty. He's jumped between the USA, Iraq, and Afghanistan. Right now I think he's in Afghanistan but he emails with the staff there on a regular basis.

Apparently, he prefers to be on active duty over being in the store.

I guess our customers are really that bad?

(He's part of an IT group who are installing and maintaining T1 lines and other communications base infrastructure).
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

You have to work in one bad hellhole to make getting shot at a better option.

edit: apparently hes not getting shot at, but still, war isn't safe for anyone. just because you're not directly in the middle doesn't make it safe.
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Hmm, at least out there he knows why people want to hurt or kill him. Back home, I guess it's the people he's trying to help who want to hurt or kill him.

I can see the appeal.

Rapscallion

Comment

Well, in the military, if you have a lunatic running at you and screaming their head off, you have permission to shoot them. In retail, you just have to sit there and take it.

Makes you think doesn't it...
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

It could also be that, even with all the varied things you run into, retail can be boring as all hell once you get into the routine. There's a routine, right? I've never actually worked any real retail so I have to kind of assume things are at all consistent there. :P

Comment

Well there is a routine, but as in everything .. people tend to mess it up. Especially during full moons. I know you hear a lot about it, and it seems like an urban legend..but the full moon really does draw out the crazies. In droves. When I worked retail, you could always tell there was a full moon without looking. Just by how the customers were acting.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

When I worked in a town centre bar years ago we always knew when it was a full moon, if it were a full moon over a weekend (busiest time), the bar would schedule an extra doorman or 2.
              Yes, the crazies definitely got crazier at that time of the month
              Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                Well, in the military, if you have a lunatic running at you and screaming their head off, you have permission to shoot them. In retail, you just have to sit there and take it.

Makes you think doesn't it...
                May I please use this as a Facebook status?
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                  May I please use this as a Facebook status?
                  By all means.
                  I AM the evil bastard!
                  A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!! *bounce*
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                    X