This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanna have some scammer fun*?

I can't remember who enjoys this, and I'm on a bad connection so I'm not going to search, but someone likes to play with scammers and I have an opportunity for you if you want.

I sell Avon products, and people can search for a local rep and my website will come up. They then fill out a contact form and I email them.

I just started Avon a few months ago, and I hadn't had any activity on my website until the middle of August when I got an email from someone who wanted to know if I accepted money orders. I said sure, gave her an amount and waited to hear back from her.

This morning I walk out to go to work and there's a FedEx envelope on my front step. Inside is a money order for $980.00 and nothing else. The order I quoted was only $176, I wasn't expecting any other money to come in.

I have informed this lady that I will not be cashing this money order and sending the difference to this other guy, but I do have some emails and some other information (no idea if any of it's real) if anyone wants to try to play with them. Just send me a PM and I'll forward what I have to you.

*this is available purely for fun and I in no way advocate any actions against any persons for any reason.
    TANSTAAFL

Yeah, that was probably me who you are thinking messes with scammers, but at this point, you probably need to go on and call the cops.

That is a scam (I am sure you know this).

Here is how the scam works.

Scroll down till you see it, it's not the first one.

This person is trying to clean you out, and since you already have a piece of counterfit sitting on your mail desk, you probably need to get the police involved.

Personally, I would not mess with this, as clearly, the scammer already has your home address. Most of the recreational scambaiting you hear about is done via emails with proxy servers, and phone calls via proxy services. You got one of these people sending stuff to your front door, it's already escalated past the point it's safe to bait them.

Do not play around. Call the police.

Comment

http://www.419eater.com/index.php

I will say nothing else.

Comment

Be aware that if it's a US Postal Money Order, you have what the SS would consider counterfeit currency in your possession.

That's not a good thing.

You should either destroy it or turn it into the local SS office - though the first is probably the easiest.

B
        "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
        I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

And the second may be wiser.

I suspect that taking it to the local police station and giving them the story is also fine, though.
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

This is definitely a scam. I would call the police and report it and turn everything over to them. They can't do much about crimes originating outside the country, but obviously somebody is physically there in your area, so don't take chances. Report it. You might help them save somebody else from making a big mistake.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
            X