This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My boyfriend the....terrorist?

OK, no my boyfriend is not a terrorist, but he just related this story this morning that had me giggling by the end.

Bit of background is necessary: boyfriend is part of a medieval re-enactment group. Due to the lack of permanent storage space, anything small such as swords, axes, daggers and so forth, are kept with each member or given to a member who has transport to transport the larger stuff (i.e. shields). My boyfriend takes his fighting kit, plus weapons, to his training session in a gigantic red gym bag.

OK, background over.

So my boyfriend catches his bus near the city, gets off at his stop and walks along to work. He gets to work and realises that he feels a lot lighter getting off the bus. Guess why?

Yep, he'd left his bag on the bus. And the bag isn't exactly light either.

One phonecall to the company later....

Turns out that the bus driver does a check of the bus once the route terminates. Boyfriend mentions that there are weapons in the bag however...bus driver pulls over and checks the bus straightaway. Bag is found, retrieved and will be picked up tomorrow.

My boyfriend is VERY lucky he didn't get in trouble with the police for that one!

(Sidenote: his group is known as the New Varangian Guard. Basically anything from 9th-13th century European. Boyfriend and I are 9th century vikings, everyone else is 10th century upwards)
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...
Working...
X