Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do I need to remind these merchants to do their jobs?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do I need to remind these merchants to do their jobs?

Argh. This is frustrating. It seems that everything I order lately, except stuff from Amazon, has gotten lost/delayed and the companies need me to remind them to deliver.

We ordered some furniture a few months ago. Most of it got delivered on the delivery date no problem, but there was 1 piece that the delivery guys didn't have, and didn't have any record of. They told us to call the store. We called the store and they were like, "Oh yeah, that piece isn't in it, we'll call you when we get it." Nice, were you actually going to tell us it wasn't in stock? So, a couple weeks later, we get a call from the store that the piece is in, and we set up delivery for it. Delivery day comes and goes, no delivery drivers, no piece. Call the store again. "Oh yeah, that piece still isn't in, we'll call you when we get it." Wash, rinse, repeat about 4 times, where they call and tell us they have it in stock, then, whoops, nope, it's not in stock. Then they stopped calling all together. Finally I contacted a manager and asked to know what the hell was going on. "Uh...we've had that piece in stock for weeks...not sure what happened or why you weren't contacted..." We did finally get it, last week, after I hounded. I think we ordered it June.

I placed an order 2 weeks ago from a publisher in the UK for 2 books. I got a confirmation email from them right after I placed the order, then nothing. I didn't think anything of it at first 'cuz, hey, it's coming from the UK to the US so it might take a while. Their website says to give up to 14 days (not business days) for processing and delivery, though, so I emailed them and just asked if the books had been shipped yet. "Sorry about this. Not sure what happened. We'll get back to you." So yeah, apparently that order got lost or something too, and once again, it took me contacting the company for them to figure out there was something wrong.

Lastly, and most frustrating. I placed an order for some stuff for my husband's birthday, which was July 21st. I placed the order about a week before, for 3 items. I received 1 of the items for his birthday. There was a note in the box saying that the other 2 items would ship separately. Okay, fine, sometimes items are big enough that shipping them separately is the best way to go. I never got a second shipping email, so after another week, I called the company and asked what was going on. The woman I talked to said the other two items were on backorder, and that they receive new merchandise in every Monday, so they should be in the following Monday, and I'd receive a confirmation email when they shipped. I still have not heard from them. I have emailed them repeatedly, because they are located in Hawaii and their store hours are goofy for us, and they never reply to their email. I called them today, but it was after hours (or before hours, as the case may be) so I left a message on their voice mail. We'll see if they get back to me.

Do other people experience this with online shops as often as I have? Well, the furniture place wasn't even online...and these were not random shops that no one has heard of. I know people who have ordered from all of these places before, with no problems. Especially the place in the UK, since a friend of mine has ordered a ton of their books and never had a problem receiving them. Am I just cursed with having to hound places to get my merchandise whenever I place an order?

I once had to start the Small Claims procedure with a company who failed to supply a laptop I'd paid for by mail-order. So I think that beats most books. :-(

Yes, I got my money back pretty quickly once they realised I was serious. By then, I was able to use it and just a little more to get a considerably better one.

Comment

I had the opposite happen to me in July- I was shipped two rifle scopes that I never ordered.

Comment

I once got one of those large red home movie popcorn machines shipped to me. Man, I so wanted to keep that!
        Is it really SO hard to listen to the prompts?

Comment

LOL, wow. I wonder if someone somewhere has some of my stuff and is scratching their head going "wtf." I would've wanted to keep the popcorn machine, too! That would be cool.

Comment

We were just finishing the basement and putting in a home entertainment center too! I called my mom to see if she had sent it as a surprise, since we had mentioned it a few times back in forth, but she hadn't. Those suckers are like $200!
            Is it really SO hard to listen to the prompts?

Comment

Working...
            X