This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here going to be playing FF14?

Just curious if anyone here is going to be playing FF14. My husband and I just signed up for the open beta, on the Melmond world server. We're under the names Vanadise Tailchaser (him) and Maggie Tailchaser (me.)

Fiance will, if he ever gets a graphics card that'll run it. I'll let him know.
    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

MITHRA RDM/WHM For the WIN! *dances and can't wait* Sadly I haven't been able to sign up for the beta cause I bought a preused game and it didn't come with a certain code. Which fricken sucks.

Comment

Wait, what game did you get, Aethian? FF14 itself isn't out yet, but the beta is open as of this week (meaning anyone can sign up, even if you didn't get a code.)

I played a WHM in FF11 and the character I made in the beta is a Conjurer...I guess it's sort of a BLM/WHM hybrid. But I haven't really actually played yet, I just made my character and logged off, I haven't had time to mess around with it yet.

Comment

I was a FFXI player.

Comment

I'm on the open beta now on the Fabul server as Mune Longstride if anyone wants to say hey. Haven't gotten very far due to time available and frequent crashes.
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT

don't have windows

DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN

*cries*

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                Fiance will, if he ever gets a graphics card that'll run it. I'll let him know.
                This is why I got out of gaming and try to stick with the classics.

To get anything new you'll pretty much either have to play in a tiny screen with the lowest resolution or go out and buy a new PC with a high end video card.

I loved the FF series on NES, and even have quite a few of them for by DS and GBA.

I fear what the new game will do to my PC, it'll probably die of a heart attack.
                Quote Dalesys:
                ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

But but but PRETTY!

And MULTIPLAYER!

And I'm totally a FF geek. I'll be over in my corner, snuggling the series now.

Comment

Wait, they have a server named after a town from FF4? How did I miss that?

Comment

Well, I got a new desktop last weekend (needed a new computer, plus playing WoW on a laptop SUCKS). And this brand new $900 bundle of electronics barely handles FFXIV beta. But Fiance likes it and it IS pretty.

Comment

What kind of computer did you get? My husband built a brand new computer for me last week (got it assembled on Tuesday) for about $900 and it's rad. It runs WoW, in Dalaran, at nearly the highest graphical settings, with no lag at all. I haven't actually played the beta on it yet, but my husband did and it looked super-pretty. Of course, he also built it from scratch and did a couple hours worth of research before we purchased anything to find the best deals for the best pieces of hardware.

Comment

Been playing since the closed beta. On Selbina as Acorna Starfall/Sarani Spellstar
                          Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

Maggie, I wish I could tell you. I gave my Fiance a price range and said, "I want WoW to look pretty" and let him loose in a MicroCenter. He didn't build from scratch, but he did have them add a new graphics card and a bigger power supply. Plus the beauuutiful 21" HD monitor.

Comment

Working...
                            X