Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not even for a second when he woke up, did he ask if today was gonna be his last

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not even for a second when he woke up, did he ask if today was gonna be his last

Yesterday while I was still at work, I heard about an accident near my house, involving a van and a dump truck. I later found out it was a 16-year-old boy that my son knew from school. My son hadn't talked to him in awhile, but he was pretty broken up about it. I didn't even know the kid, and it still makes me sad. I drove past the spot where it happened, and someone put up a small memorial there. I thought I was going to cry when I saw it. I can't even imagine what the parents are going through.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind...n_minivan.html
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Those memorials always make me sad. If it was someone close to me I don't think I'd want the reminder every time I drove by...
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I'm so very sorry, Mike.

Many hugs to your son and thoughts/prayers for the family.
      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

A follow-up: http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind...ll_fans_p.html

Comment

So sad.

So young.

Good vibes and prayers to all affected.

I dont know what id do if that were my child.

Comment

Wow, I'm sorry for your son and his friend's family.

Hopefully other students for years to come learn from this. The initial article said he wasn't wearing his seat belt. The picture of the crash looks like it could be survivable if you were wearing one, maybe minor injuries. But, he wasn't wearing one.

It takes a couple of seconds to put it on and even less time to take it off, your life is worth it.
            Quote Dalesys:
            ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

This is so sad Many many good healing vibes to your son and his friend's family

Comment

My condolences to the family and sympathies to your son for their loss. I've had classmates killed in accidents when I was your son's age and I know how it feels.
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I'm so sorry. =(

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                    Hopefully other students for years to come learn from this.
                    I did take this opportunity to tell my son, "See why I worry about you when you're driving?" He told me he understands, and worries when he makes a mistake. I told him everyone makes mistakes, just not to be driving like an idiot, like this kid apparently was. In fact, from what my son told me, he wasn't supposed to be driving at all. No license, didn't even have a permit. He just took the car one day without his parents' permission.

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
                    I've had classmates killed in accidents when I was your son's age and I know how it feels.
                    That's the thing -- I really don't understand what he's going thru. My class was a lucky one, apparently. No one from our class died while they were still in school. Our yearbook was the first in years that had no obituary page.

The only people in my life that had died when I was that age were some of my great grandparents, so in my mind, that was something that only happened to old people. When I first started school, there was this one girl in her senior year who died of cancer at the age of 17. But I didn't know her, so it wasn't real to me, if that makes any sense.

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                      That's the thing -- I really don't understand what he's going thru. My class was a lucky one, apparently. No one from our class died while they were still in school. Our yearbook was the first in years that had no obituary page.
                      Someone in the senior class died every year I was in high school. Heart condition (born with it; he had surgery a few months before he died), car accident (involving icy roads; another student was in the passenger seat and only hurt her wrist), bone cancer, and car accident (not sure what caused that one; he was alone in the car and hit a tree). I only personally knew one of them (the last one, my senior year); I had a class with him but didn't know him outside of that.
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

*sends good thoughts and prayers*
                        1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                        -----
                        http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Working...
                        X