X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its pitiful when...

your IM friend gets hacked.
    How do I know? I have chatted with enough people to pick up on how they type their style and their grammar especially. I say that as I have one friend who due to her situation in life cannot spell well at all but I know what she is trying to type.
    (IE spell how it sounds)
    So it is sad and pitiful when one of my friends suddenly comes on at a time when I know they are not normally on and sends me a random link with the added line of hey try this survey please and its cell phone style text with "u" and "plz" or text talk.
    I asked why, and it went down hill from there. I said no thank you, poster kept persisting. I called them on the fact I know its not them the real person doesn't type this way and for the last time I SAID NO.
    Have sent a message to this friend via email that their yahoo IM has been hacked.
    Its sad, pitiful and annoying. Mostly because out of the few people I am observant to how people chat. Its one of my quirks, I don't know why I do it but I at least like to think I'm helping when something like this happens by informing said friends before I HAVE to block their current or old IM names.

This happens to my friends once in a while, we all have at least two email addresses so we can contact the other if someone gets hacked.
    It is really sucky though, especially because you know the person's typing style enough to know when someone else is there.
    Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
    http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

I have a couple friends that I'll suddenly get messages with links saying click here plz or whatever. They are constantly being hacked, and I always send a message straight off letting them know. I've sent suggestions like better firewall, harder passwords, etc... I don't know what they're doing but they continoue to be hacked. And sadly I don't talk to them much, so anytime I get a message anymore, its cause they have been hacked.

Comment

Ooooo! Tell me how I sound or text! What's my style?
        Military Spouse Support.
        http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
        Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth Lady J'ssem View Post
          I I've sent suggestions like better firewall, harder passwords, etc.
          They change their password from "PASSWORD1" to "PASSWORD2".

Sadly, that is constant through everyone - corporate, personal and whatnot.

Frank Zappa was correct.

B
          "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
          I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Quoth Lady J'ssem View Post
            I've sent suggestions like better firewall, harder passwords, etc... I don't know what they're doing but they continoue to be hacked.
            when something like that keeps happening I suggest making a new name completely NOTHING that links them to the old names or the same with the password. Or get a different email provider. That can only happen so many times as there are only so many free email providers OR. For the heck of it when registering for a new email/im don't enter the same old info, change the birthday as well but that is me being paranoid of being hacked again and going to the extreme to prevent it. Have had to change IM names several times.
            so powered with better comp protection that should help.
            yeah I have several passwords I use and change often or I don't make all of my passwords the same.

Plaid....lets see you type based on your mood and also the more happy you are the more talkative you are via text. But you don't abbreviate unless necessary either. So if someone else picked up your phone and texted me I would know. That I usually end up texting you first you have yet to text me first at random. (no argument there mostly due to the fact I have to share the cell phone)

Comment

Working...
            X