This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay It Forward!

I decided to do a random act of kindness today, I have always wanted to do this but felt kind of weird about it. I was at McDonald's drive thru purchasing some meals for my man and I and I paid for the car behind me also. I told the clerk to tell the customer to Pay It Forward. When I was driving away from the pick up window I glanced in my rearview mirror and the lady waved and had a huge smile on her face! So I waved back as I left. Like I said, I have always wanted to do this because I have seen it done at my own job and have seen the suprised and excited faces when it happens. I feel really good about myself, I think I will try to do this once a month! Now I want to do other random acts of kindness. Any ideas?? I was thinking of buying a couple dozen carnations and just handing them out randomly to people, of course that can only happen when I have the cash.
    Last edited by jnd4rusty; 09-05-2010, 03:35 AM.

My friend did this for me the first day we met. I was shocked beyond belief that someone would do that for me. I haven't forgotten about it, nor will I ever. I'm definitely going to return the favor if I ever run into him again. He's just been really busy over the past few months.
    Osoroshii kangae nimo osoware masu...

Comment

Thats an awesome idea. Hmmmmmmmm *toodles off to contemplate*

Comment

I do it as much as I can.

The few times I will go through a drive-through for the morning coffee, it's $1.72. If the smallest I have to pay for it is a $5 bill, I'll tell the cashier to pay for the people behind me.

I've been the recipient of more than a few acts of kindness over the years, so I'm just catching up on the Karma bank.

B
        "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
        I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

This is good. The world needs to be a more gentle place.
          "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
          "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

I had a friend that was handed an envelope one day around christmas by a stranger. The person walked away before she opened it.

What was inside was a $100 bill, and a note that explained why she was given the money. It said the person was giving out 5 of these notes to people that exuded a gracious and happy aura. That she had a smile on her face and seemed to enjoy life.

Comment

I give out roses on Valentine's to strangers, particularly people who seem alone/sad.

I like the idea of paying for other people's meals, though I'm usually too broke too.

Comment

I have been known to pay tolls for drivers behind me. Of course, lots of people now have electronic lane passes thereby making it somewhat moot, but still. It's nice to be able to do small kindnesses for strangers sometimes.
                ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Working...
                X