Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ill have to see if I wake up early enough to get to my local market tomorrow. I would love to get some honey as soon as possible to start trying to build my tolerance to this devil () pollen.

Allergies are better today. Dont know if its the Zyrtec or if the pollen is count is lower today. Thanks for the tips everyone. Ill have to try the pressure point one soon ...sounds gross.. Lol. but worth it.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
      Ill have to see if I wake up early enough to get to my local market tomorrow. I would love to get some honey as soon as possible to start trying to build my tolerance to this devil () pollen.

Allergies are better today. Dont know if its the Zyrtec or if the pollen is count is lower today. Thanks for the tips everyone. Ill have to try the pressure point one soon ...sounds gross.. Lol. but worth it.
      Honey's good for you in general, too, so it's not like you'd miss out if it didn't help much with your allergies. I've heard that taking a tablespoon/teaspoon each day if you get it really bad will lead up to some good results. Or, if you get problems sparingly, taking a dose only on the days your nose goes on the run.

And it is gross. But the pressure is so much less when you do it. It only takes about 20 seconds. It supposedly rocks that one bone in your nose, so it loosens stuff. It's really hard to describe it without sounding squicky, so you get my point.
      My only regret is that I don't have a better word for "F@#k You".

Comment

Quoth Amusement Gal View Post

And it is gross. But the pressure is so much less when you do it. It only takes about 20 seconds. It supposedly rocks that one bone in your nose, so it loosens stuff. It's really hard to describe it without sounding squicky, so you get my point.
        OMG!!! I just now did it and almost vomited...LOL! Was NOT prepared for the gush of stuff....

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! lol. Not a fan of mucous...not even my own.

Comment

Quoth Taboo View Post
          The honey suggestion is a good one.

It's actually a little like allergy shots - since the honey is from pollenated flowers it exposes you to very small amounts of things you're allergic to and you build up tolerance. However, has to be locally produced or it's no help.
          I'd actually heard that you ought to be having honey from around where you were born - that's the allergens to which you, in theory, will be most sensitive. And that you're supposed to take it every day except allergy season.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
            OMG!!! I just now did it and almost vomited...LOL! Was NOT prepared for the gush of stuff....

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! lol. Not a fan of mucous...not even my own.
            But did it work is the question. And yeah, it does feel a bit gross.
            My only regret is that I don't have a better word for "F@#k You".

Comment

I've tried all kinds of antihistamines and symptom blockers, including loratadine, which did NOTHING. What finally worked without side effects, at the rock-bottom price of $1.49 was generic chlor-trimeton. It only has 1 ingredient: chlorpheniramine maleate.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I use NasalCrom. I love the stuff.

It's a non steroidal inhaler that simply desensitizes the mast cells in your sinus so they don't get irritated. Not habit forming, no rebound effect.

Comment

the best thing that has worked for me is nasal steroid sprays. It takes a while to build up in the system but once you reach the right level, there is narey a sniffle.

Accupuncture works too. The first time i had it done it triggered such a big anti-histamine rush I slept for 2 days (which is a big thing as i need massive doses of anti-histamines to knock ) me out.

Comment

Working...
                  X