This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Want To Set Up An XBL Tournament

Last Saturday, I should've been involved in a Super Street Fighter 4 tourney. It didn't happen. We really didn't have enough notice is what I think was the problem, but that's neither here nor there. It got me thinking that I've never done anything like that. Sure, I've played with a bunch of people on various games I own from other forums and such, but I'm wondering if we could get several people together on one game, collaborated from multiple forums, for a massive tournament of sorts.

I'm pitching this here and have already on a few other sites (Facebook is probably next) and I'm going to check regularly to see if people are interested. Once I get enough people interested, we'll start fleshing out gamertags, titles we all own, and so on. Let me know if you're interested.
    You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Okay, so far we have 4 people, including myself. I've compiled a list of 66 different possible titles I can access fairly quickly, though not all support LOTS of people at once. For example, I added things like Contra, Fable 2, and Lara Croft - Guardian of Light. In terms of a tournament, obviously I'll want to give preference to titles that offer lots of people to play all at once, such as Bad Company 2, Modern Warfare 2, and Duke Nukem 3D. Still, I'm not sure what everyone has, so mostly all I've done so far is compiled the list of games I have and I'll be comparing them to everyone else's later.

Again, if anyone's interested, let me know.

Comment

I'm interested. Unfortunately, I don't have any of the games listed. I do, however, own Halo 3, Gears of War 2, and a few others. message me if you want to swap gamertags. :-)
      Coworker: Distro of choice?
      Me: Gentoo.
      Coworker: Ahh. A Masochist. I thought so.

Comment

I've sent you a PM indicating my possible interest, based on game titles & how much free time i have at the time.

Comment

Even if I don't have the games requested, that's fine. I'm hoping that even if I have to sit out once or twice, there will be enough people on playing that it won't matter. I have almost 70 games totaled up now and ready, so be sure to post ANYTHING you'd be able to play multiplayer online.

Comment

I've got CODMW2, (Halo Reach on Pre-order), and Halo 3 as well. Can't find my gears2 copy though..

Comment

As of yet, I haven't decided on what games we'll play. Right now I want to see what people have and who's interested. PM me if you want to join up.

Edit: Alright, we're up to 10 confirmed people at the moment and over 100 possible games. I'm trying to figure out where the most appropriate place to post this would be as we don't all belong to the same forum, or any forum in some cases.
              Last edited by gunsage; 09-10-2010, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Okay, here's what I've come up with so far.

We have 15 participants, including me.

There are over 200 possible games, but not all will be used and I have to confirm if every person still has each and every one, meaning it wasn't a rental, they haven't sold it, they wouldn't be hurting for HD space if they had to re-download it, etc. Everyone should be able to download Aegis Wing or Dash of Destruction, but I'm not set on making those actual entries in the tournament. Game Room too, but it costs money to get the actual games, so there's that.

The statistics may change from time to time, depending on whether or not I can confirm if people have sold or have only merely rented certain titles. This is the most updated stat...

#1 - Halo 3 - 11 people (I don't own)
                #2 - Modern Warfare 2 - 10 people
                #3 - Fable 2 - 9 people
                #4 - Gears of War - 8 people
                #5 - Battlefield - Bad Company 2 - 7 people
                #6 - Borderlands - 7 people
                #7 - Castle Crashers - 7 people
                #8 - Gears of War 2 - 7 people (I don't own)
                #9 - Grand Theft Auto 4 - 7 people
                #10 - Halo ODST - 7 people (I don't own)
                #11 - Left 4 Dead 2 - 7 people
                #12 - Red Dead Redemption - 7 people

Please please PLEASE let me know if you sold one of these titles or if you only rented one of these titles and don't actually own it so I can modify the stats.

Note: We may skip over Fable 2, especially if no one has the pack that allows you to enter the Coliseum DLC. That and it's only 2 player.

Last updated: September 14, 3:55 PM EST.
                Last edited by gunsage; 09-14-2010, 08:03 PM.

Comment

If you're involved in the tournament or would just like more info about it and would possibly like to sign up, check out this page: http://www.morphinenation.com/phorum......f=43&t=9441

Comment

Working...
                  X