This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird way memory works...

so my now EX BF was over the other night and ordered dinner. He gave me his credit card so I could enter it into the sight we were ordering from and after the first 3 numbers (on a visa card), I knew the rest from memory and typed them in without looking at the card, beyond the experation date.

Whats strange about this? I haven't seen or used his card in 2 years...not since we broke up.

I think I freaked him out....do credit card numbers never change? I mean unless they are stolen and you are just given a new number?

I seem to have this strange way of remembering numbers from things years ago. In fact I still remember my phone number from a house we haven't lived in or used that number for 17 years.

Is this strange? or is that how the human mind works for some people?

I can remember the strangest things too...like an event in perfect clarity from 5 years ago....but I can't tell you what happened last week.
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

The human mind is just downright freaky sometimes. It's not just you. My sister, somehow, remembers the names of every single one of her teachers from kindergarten on up, the name of every school she's ever been to, the address and phone number of every house we've ever lived in...

I can do that with movies, books, and music. Give me a movie to watch or a book to read and I'll remember the names of every character in it just from going through it once. Let me watch/read it enough times and I can quote whole scenes. Give me a song to listen to and I guarantee I'll have most of it memorized by my 5th listening.

Do *not*, on the other hand, ask me for directions, unless you want to be told 'Well, you know such-and-such building? Yeah, it's on that street.'
    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Working...
    X