Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Planning out a costume for next year's Dragon*Con (Please help me!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning out a costume for next year's Dragon*Con (Please help me!)

I am planning out a werewolf-type costume for next year's Dragon*Con (only con I go to, actually...)

Anyway, I want something like a human mid-transformation, with tail, pointy ears, eyes, and snout/teeth. Any comments/suggestions/etc. would be appreciated.
    What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Other than that sounds really cool, and now I really want to draw something like that...
    Do you plan on making it or having someone else do it?
    Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
    http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

If you dress as a werewolf, you have to go to Trader Vic's in the Hilton and order a pina colada.

I bet people do that a lot...
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Rather than doing the snout, just do extra makeup/fur around the mouth and nose area. You want to still be able to drink.

Ears, paws/feet, beginnings of a tail (?), and face makeup.

Comment

I was planning on a tail, claws and boots and teeth.

I do like the idea about the makeup, but now I have to figure out where to get it...

(Also, I totally forgot that there was a Trader Vic's down there)
          What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

Check Halloween stores for latex makeup. There are tutorials online for how to do good werewolf makeup. Latex is your best friend, if you're not allergic.

Also, get a GOOD pair of teeth. Ones you can eat in. IK the Troll King has a great pair, custom made, and Confused_Corvid here on CS (Raven on DP) has one for his Orc character that was incredible. I think it's also custom.

Comment

Latex is good, but notoriously picky. You also need to make sure you aren't allergic to spirit gum, since that's probably what you'll use to apply any prosthetics/fur/etc. Check Halloween stores, but also check places that sell stage makeup. (I used Ben Nye makeup back in the day, it's a very good brand.) Speaking of stage makeup, if you can find someone trained in doing stage makeup, they might be able to show you how to correctly apply everything AND have it last for a long time, which will really be the true challenge.

As far as removal goes - use either baby oil or cold cream and expect it to take a while. You may have to wash your face several times to get it all off. Be sure to bring a good face moisturizer in case all the washing dries your face out. Also, know that spirit gum residue will probably stay with you for a while. That stuff is of the devil.
              "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
              Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Stage makeup! Thank you, I knew I forgot something!

I'm still a bit con-fried. Brain isn't quite remembering things it should.

Comment

Check out Norcostco
                  http://www.norcostco.com
                  They have a location here in Atlanta.
                  Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                  Save the Ales!
                  Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Working...
                  X