This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good News.

So, after getting back from my latest round of tests and doctors and much waiting, and talking, it's shown my hip joint has alot more anthritis then it did last time, and the doctor finally gave me the news I've been waiting for. He doesn't see any other choice but to get me the hip replacement. The last stepping stone is to get an mri of my hip joint, so he knows where the tumor is, then my preop meeting is 3-4 weeks later from now. After that, it's finally going to get replaced. My pain will finally be gone, and I can walk again.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

That is good news, at least the being able to walk again thing.
    My grandpa got his hip replaced and he's back to going for long walks, splitting and stacking wood, and going shopping all day again.
    Here's to a speedy process and recovery for you!
    Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
    http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Yay big brother!
      I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

That's awesome! Good luck!
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

That's awesome news! Here's to hoping your recovery is swift and the pain is gone soon.

Comment

*\o/* YAYYYYYY
            Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

HALLE-FUCKIN-LUJAH!

It's about damn time. I'm soooo glad Plaidy that your doctor sees the light. Hugs and I hope it goes smoothly from here on out.

Read our thread on Idrinkarum's questions on MRI scans.
              It's ironic, but those machines are LOUD and dull sounding, and they put me to sleep. Then again, when I had mine done, I'd been a sleep deprived chica.

Ask the doc if he'll engrave his name in the titanium

Cutenoob
              In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
              She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

*dances* Yay go you Plaid.

Comment

Quoth Cutenoob View Post
                  HALLE-FUCKIN-LUJAH!

Read our thread on Idrinkarum's questions on MRI scans.
                  It's ironic, but those machines are LOUD and dull sounding, and they put me to sleep. Then again, when I had mine done, I'd been a sleep deprived chica.

Cutenoob
                  First off thanks everyone.

And I know of MRI's. I'm required to get them for my head every couple months to make sure that tumor in head doesn't grow cause of the disease I got.

And hm. Maybe I should ask him to engrave XD. Be more like Batman Rules though. People find my body way in the future, and be like, wtf is Batman XD.
                  Military Spouse Support.
                  http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                  Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Thats great news Plaid.

Im would love to say "about time" but im just glad the doc is coming around. I hope all the preop stuff goes well and youre on your way to recovery in no time.

Comment

That is fantastic news
                      I'll be having fingers & everything crossed it all goes extraordinarily well for you
                      Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

At last .

Comment

That's great news. I hope the time between now and then flies by as does your recovery.
                          "The pepper spray was cruel but to hit them with Barry Manilow was just plain vicious,"

Comment

Good luck. May all go well.
                            Seshat's self-help guide:
                            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

AWESOMENESS!
                              bring something with you so that during down times after surgery when in recovery you have something to do besides watching tv and laying in bed.

Comment

Working...
                              X