X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone wanna buy a used cat? Cheap!

Kidding....mostly...ha

Riley has been vomiting, again, so back to the vet he went!! X-Rays and blood tests, oh my....he is normal*.

So he goes back again on Tues for fasted GI blood draw...fun fun.

And if THAT is normal....he gets an endoscoptic (sp?) test done.

I still say he's just an ass.

*normal=except for feline herpes, one eye, snaggle tooth, thumbs, runt, overly affectionate, and vocally boastful about possible being part Siamese.
    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Poor kitty. *lots of hugs to Cat and Riley* One of our boys likes to vomit occasionally. Nothing too serious so we've never had him checked out for it. But the most annoying part is that when he does vomit, it's almost always between 4-5am, and usually on our bed, since he sleeps with us. So then we have to change the sheets in the middle of the night, and by the time we're done, the other two cats are awake and the baby wants to "help" and play, and the princess thinks it's time to get up and feed her.

Comment

Oh no, Maggie! Train the cats to wash the sheets

I'm not too worried about Riley...this has been going on for a few years, just would like to have a Dr's opinion that yes, my cat is just a mess
      "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Riley may have a sensitive stomach and it may be that you may need to find a less harsh food or food specifically for senior cats which often means its less harsh on the digestive system. Best friend had a cat with a sensitive or weak stomach and had to get him special food or a certain brand of iams. I forget which brand it was it was years ago.

Comment

IBS.

1/4 prednizone pill, twice a day.

Try that before putting him through an endoscopy. It's much less traumatic.

Comment

aw hell my girl cat throws up all the damn time. On the carpet. Behind furniture so I find it *later*.
            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Man, my kittygirl hurked up a hairball on MY CORNER of the bed, when she was sleeping with my honey. Damn cat.
              In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
              She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Quoth Cutenoob View Post
                Man, my kittygirl hurked up a hairball on MY CORNER of the bed, when she was sleeping with my honey. Damn cat.
                That must have been nasty. I've been finding hairballs around too and I'm not sure which cat did those....but I suspect the boy.
                https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Ha, I am sure its IBS (or something from the surgery a few years ago) and I know he wil; be fine. I just a fear if I do nothing,,,,it'll be bad. This makes sense if ya know Riley

Comment

i will take your used cat

and put them with my used cat(s)

my used cats are almost broke anyways
                    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

I'm sorry, but, FELINE HERPES?

Comment

Quoth malmalthekiller View Post
                        cats are hoes, you're surprised?
                        Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                          And rakes.
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth malmalthekiller View Post
                            In a nutshell...its a respiratory illness and one of the symptoms is conjunctivitis....sadly this went misdiagnosed for a while and Riley lost his eye.

Lots of fun jokes can be had with a cat w/ FHV-1 (esp when said cat is shaved)

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post

A little. I've heard of feline AIDS, but...I'm sorry, but that's just hilarious.

Poor cat.

Comment

Working...
                              X