• Show
Clear All

• Wheee!

*stumbles in*

*collapses*

BEST

DRAGONCON

EVER!

Other Half is already planning next year's trip.

We have not been able to attend the past couple years because of the baby, but next year we plan to (provided he does okay with the grandmas for several days at a time). Which hotel did you stay in? We liked the Hilton but I suspect they may already have been booked up by now...

We're planning to costume as Mary Marvel and Captain Marvel Jr.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Hilton, Hyatt, and Sheraton are currently accepting reservations. Marriott starts October 1st. We're trying for the Marriott, but we'll have a Hyatt reservation as backup. So if we get Marriott, I can transfer the reservation to someone else who waited too long or couldn't reserve in time.

Hyatt was great, except for the elevators. People don't understand that getting on a down elevator when you have to go up doesn't do anything other than take up space that can be used for, oh, say a WHEELCHAIR. And there's only one bank of 5 elevators, so it's SLOW.

Comment

Ahhhhh! Shes back.

Glad to hear you had a good time.

Comment

*stretches*

*blinks*

*looks around*

*starts hacking up a lung*

BRB. Concrud. I need tea.

Comment

Not to mention she was the best Hostess ever for the Con. Was worried a few times she would pass out, she was working so hard to pull everything together Sunday. Ok I am bias, only been to one of these. She certainly was the embodiment of composed though (at least on the outside). Handled everything wonderfully. Couldn't stay for all of it (had a LONG LONG drive), but it was a blast.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

*hugs Mytical*

Thank you hon. It was wonderful to see you finally, and to have you involved. I'm glad I appeared composed (even given several behind-the-scenes meltdowns...), and that everyone had fun.

I've already started the planning for next year. With some local-to-Atlanta help, I think I can pull off a *real* party, not just a "show up and have pizza" event.

*cue mad scientist music*

On that note, I've figured out my costume for next year.

http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20050417

Yes, I will have Jagerkin. And I will possibly have a Gil, if I can talk the Other Half into dressing up. He's currently a bit unsure of the idea.

No, I'm not ambitious. Not at all. Whyever would you think that?

Comment

Working...
              X