Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a quick way to prove that the world isn't all bad. Carry a huge box that requires both hands into a store, but look like you're struggling. I guarantee you someone will come along and either help open the door for you or offer to do so. Open the hood of your car in a shopping center parking lot, and eventually someone will ask if you need help or a jump.

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
      Here's a quick way to prove that the world isn't all bad. Carry a huge box that requires both hands into a store, but look like you're struggling. I guarantee you someone will come along and either help open the door for you or offer to do so. Open the hood of your car in a shopping center parking lot, and eventually someone will ask if you need help or a jump.
      I think the problem is there are so many assholes that even random kindness like this often over shadowed. But then again is the MIB idea:

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky animals and you know it."
      I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

My girlfriend lent me the book "Don't sweat the small stuff (and it's all small stuff). Just reading this morning while on the bus I found two things.

1. The author said that when we let one thing get to us, will it make a difference a year from now? Of course, i believe we don't think of arguments affecting us a year from now, only now, but he's got a point.

2. People who are unkind test our kindness, or those who our impatient test our patience. We must ask "What are they trying to teach me?" Don't think "they're teaching that they think they're better than me", but something else.

If you get a chance, pick it up. I have this one I'm reading, but I also bought "Don't sweat the small stuff - for men"

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
          If you get a chance, pick it up. I have this one I'm reading, but I also bought "Don't sweat the small stuff - for men"
          Okay, I have to ask this: is it one page with "Get over it" printed in the middle?
          I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

I'm at work and the one for men is back at my apartment. I'll get back to you on that one..

Comment

Don't feel too bad.

Nowdays I have so little tolerance of most people that I have to hold back from blowing up.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
                Only hours later however.

The assholes and crude people that love feeding on misery, or going out to hurt others, far far far far far far far far far outweigh any decent and good people.

The only good people I know, are the people on this board, which are underwhelming compared to the masses of people I've seen up close.

There been people shot and screaming for help, dying, bleeding to death, and people flat out ignore it. There been children being repeatedly raped with witnesses, and people ignore it. Not their problems. Or better yet, they make excuses such as "Child deserved it. Shouldn't have been wearing those clothes"

I would push that button. Without a single bit of hesistation. If only because it would bring peace to every single person in this entire existances of pain that everyone has.
                Military Spouse Support.
                http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
                  I would push that button. Without a single bit of hesistation. If only because it would bring peace to every single person in this entire existances of pain that everyone has.
                  Fuck that shit. If someone ended my life because they hated theirs, I would be FUCKING PISSED. (And I'd find a way, come heaven or hell, to make that person's existence, in whatever form it be in, a true and pure misery in revenge.)

I say this as someone who has dealt with both depression and suicidal thoughts. The best revenge really is living your life and not letting the bastards get you down. (Yes, I would know.)
                  ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Working...
                  X