This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I shoplifted yesterday.

I went to the mall yesterday. I hit up Spencers to buy some noserings (they have em' cheap!). As I was paying, i was showing my daughter the packs of flavored crickets and larvae they had, trying to tease her with them, asking her if she'd eat them...etc. My purse kept someone knocking them off the hooks, so i kept picking them up. Finally transaction is over, we leave.

We walk down the mall, hubby hit up Cinnabon, we sit and he eats. I open my purse to get my phone and theres a box of BBQ Larvae in there!! I pull them out and go b/c honestly, ive never shoplifted in my life, im certainly not going to start now.

I dont know if my purse knocked one into itself, or my daughter stuck it in there (she said she didnt) IDK. I finished my shopping and as we were passing Spencers on the way out, I stopped back in and put them back. I was going to hand them directly to the cashier, but she was busy.

Imagine being stopped for shoplifted LARVAE!!! LOL.
    Last edited by Ree; 09-11-2010, 05:05 PM. Reason: Added an important missing word

Me and hubby were buying stuff for his new nephew last year and started putting everything on the hood of our sons pram. We ended up getting some clothes so hung them from the pram and eventually went to pay. We were walking round another shop when we discovered the stuff in the hood of the pram that we'd forgotten about. Hubby had a very red face running back in to pay for it.

I'd rather be arrested for stealing scratch mitts than larvae!
    "The pepper spray was cruel but to hit them with Barry Manilow was just plain vicious,"

Comment

I saw a guy trying on a fedora to make his wife laugh and wearing it around the store. Must have been comfy, cause he was a half-dozen stores away before he realized he was still wearing it! He ran back like the hounds of hell her after him and I offered to take it back in (I was on duty and happened to be doing a store walk through) for him. The cashiers were all up in arms about the 'attempted theft' but I told them it seemed completely innocent; not like they had noticed him anyway, he could have gotten away with it!
      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

A few years ago, my husband got me a pair of boots for Christmas.
        When I was trying them on, I felt something in them.
        I said to him, "Awwww....you're so cute," and pulled out a small pack of one of my favourite chocolate treats that had been stuffed in the toe.

He did one of these because he hadn't put them there.

Apparently, when he was putting the boots and the other shopping on the counter, he had knocked a display rack by the cash, and one of the packs of chocolate had fallen off the display and gone into the boot. He never even noticed. LOL.
        Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
          b/c honestly, ive never shoplifted in my life, im certainly going to start now.
          say what, now?

I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
            say what, now?

CRAP!!

NOT
            GOING TO START NOW!! LOL...Um...totally missed that.

Comment

LOL...will edit it for you.
              Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                LOL...will edit it for you.
                Well that's no fun

Comment

Okay, I'll admit it....I HAVE shoplifted. Intentionally. As in, stolen stuff with the explicit intent of not paying for it. Guilty, Your Honor.

Okay, in my defense I was in junior high and about 13 years old, but going against me is the fact that it was not a one-time thing....it went on for quite a while, and I got really really good at it.

That all being said, I dare say the majority of us have stolen something quite intentionally at some point in their life. I'll fess up to it. Who else here will?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    I dare say the majority of us have stolen something quite intentionally at some point in their life. I'll fess up to it. Who else here will?
                    I steal hearts everyday. I am unashamed
                    Last edited by Ree; 09-12-2010, 01:32 AM. Reason: Trimmed quote
                    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                      Who else here will?
                      Hallowe'en candy from my sister. And extra cookies at camp.

Comment

Electronics & science magazines in junior high.

A heart, but i mashed that sucker flat!
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

i have but never from a store

Comment

If pens count..I have. Just plain forget I have them in my hand. I have to have like a million pens..but can't ever find a one when I need them.
                            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I was going to Catholic grade school, and in 1st grade I believe I would go to the store with my Dad, and would steal malted milk balls out of a bag, sometimes even taffy bats. I pulled it off for a while until I stole some, the management caught me, and my Dad gave me the worst spanking! I stopped going for a while, until he came home from the store and told me they put in a small room with video games (!)

I was nervous at first going down there and showing my face, but whenever he went shopping, he didn't have to worry about where I was or if I was stealing, because I spent all my time in that little room with about 7 video game machines. The downside was that I got better at them over time, so he'd end up waiting in the car for me, always with cold items, waiting for me to finish up my game(s).

Comment

Working...
                              X