Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have snatched pens from hotels and things. When we stayed at a nice hotel a coworker actually went and stole one of the feather pillows! I mentioned that that would be a really dumb reason to get fired: because the pillow was so comfy he had to steal it.

My sister, when we were like 3-4 had grabbed some candy, and my mum hadn't noticed. We were leaving when she finally did notice. She marched my sister back into the store and made her give the candy back, and apologize for stealing. Then we got home and she got spanked for it to boot.

Comment

Quoth Lady J'ssem View Post
      My sister, when we were like 3-4 had grabbed some candy, and my mum hadn't noticed. We were leaving when she finally did notice. She marched my sister back into the store and made her give the candy back, and apologize for stealing. Then we got home and she got spanked for it to boot.
      My brother stole a toy mouse from the store my mom worked at. I think he was about 7. Very similar outcome.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I stole butterscotch out of a big barrel in the candy department of a department store.

I was 5.

My mom made me take them back, and I kept crying that I thought they were free because they were sitting out in plain view.

Kinda logical, when you think about it.
        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

LOL, "stole" a couple envelopes and pens from work before. weirdest was unboxing a shipment and stuff fell off the counter, didn't notice till I was home that something had fallen into my backpack... freaked out and took it back ASAP.
          It's a tough row to hoe, and I'm just the Joe to hoe it.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            That all being said, I dare say the majority of us have stolen something quite intentionally at some point in their life. I'll fess up to it. Who else here will?
            There's a gas station on the South Side of Milwaukee that I'm pretty sure I'm still not allowed to set foot into because I stole a 25 cent bag of chips when I was very young. They called the cops and everything. I am dead serious.
            I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
              There's a gas station on the South Side of Milwaukee that I'm pretty sure I'm still not allowed to set foot into because I stole a 25 cent bag of chips when I was very young. They called the cops and everything. I am dead serious.
              65 cent snickers when i was nine. I still go in there since they got new owners. i feel like a rebel every time.
              Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

It's a moot point since I never get down to Milwaukee anymore and even if I did, I wouldn't be caught dead in that neighborhood.

Seriously, who calls the cops over 25 cents? I mean, a good yelling at would have sufficed...and did, when my Mom found out.
                I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

I admit it.

I have, in fact, shoplifted from grocery stores several times in my life.

Only while I was single, pregnant, and homeless.

I couldn't get a job because no one would take a pregnant new-hire.

I had no money and no way to get to the soup kitchen every day.

I stole food.

I never got caught.
                  hea·then [hee-thuhn] noun
                  1. an unconverted individual that does not acknowledge the God of the Bible.
                  2. an irreligious, uncultured, or uncivilized person.
                  3. the children of NotSoInnocent.

Comment

My thievery was not because of poverty, homelessness, or anything more noble than greed.

Candy bars, magazines, books, toys, etc. Hell, there was one instance when I went into a Toys R' Us and walked out with a huge haul of various items. One thing I did NOT steal was music. Not because I had some innate respect for musicians (though I did), but because the record store always had the best security system. Part of being a good thief was knowing when NOT to steal.

My only defense is I was 12 or 13. Did I know what I was doing was wrong? Absolutely. Did I care? Not particularly. I wanted something, and I took it. I am not defending myself, nor am I justifying what I did. Merely explaining it.

Amusingly, I have no doubt that I could still get away with murder as far as shoplifting goes. I don't do it, and wouldn't, but it's kind of amusing to me to know that I could if I wanted to.

Hey, I never said I was a saint!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

I've intentionally shoplifted before. A few times when I was 5 because I didn't really understand that just because they have those open containers of candy DOESN'T mean you can just take them!

And when I was 9. I stole a lot. From the Mart of Wal, and from a Christian bookstore, ironically enough. I actually threw most of it out at school. In my defense, I was being abused at home and was trying desperately to get attention...but it didn't work.

Edit: Actually, I think that's why I was stealing from the Christian bookstore, I wanted God to notice, and thought nothing happening meant he didn't.

[My dad actually ended up catching me. And turning me in. And threatening to have the cops called. Over a pack of gum and mini M&Ms. I was terrified.]
                      Last edited by Eisa; 09-14-2010, 08:19 AM. Reason: added something
                      "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                      "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                      Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Working...
                      X