This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Costuming resources?

I've made costumes for anime and scifi conventions, but never for a renfaire. I have a pattern for corsets somewhere, so I do have that to play with, but does anyone have suggestions for good sites for patterns or even just to look at different corset styles? Good photo galleries are also cool. I have a link about period-accurate materials, etc, but while I find it interesting, I probably won't follow it.

The one pattern I have will mostly be used as a reference on how to insert the boning; it's a pattern for a full top corset and I want to make an under-bust one.

I'm afraid I don't have any info on corsets, but if you're looking for jewelry for a renfaire (or any other occasional) I do chainmail stuff and can hook you up.

Comment

Google "Vintage Corset Design" or "Corset Design (era)" and see what comes up. There are quite a few resources out there.

Alternately, talk to your local research library or museum and see what they may have available.

Comment

If you wish to buy costume pieces, Moresca's is one of the best. They will be at Maryland.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth KiaKat View Post
          Alternately, talk to your local research library or museum and see what they may have available.
          Oh, duh. My school library has to have some sort of costuming section for our fashion program.

Brain fart, hah. Didn't even think about that.

Comment

Quoth MaggieTheCat View Post
            I'm afraid I don't have any info on corsets, but if you're looking for jewelry for a renfaire (or any other occasional) I do chainmail stuff and can hook you up.
            Do you have any photos of your work?

I hadn't thought much about accessories, but I'd love to see!

Comment

Quoth Taboo View Post
              I've made costumes for anime and scifi conventions, but never for a renfaire. I have a pattern for corsets somewhere, so I do have that to play with, but does anyone have suggestions for good sites for patterns or even just to look at different corset styles?
              I liked http://www.elizabethancostume.net/, but I'm not sure that the pattern generators include enough ease (my shift is a little tight in the arms).

Comment

To purchase pre-made clothing, a couple of the best sites out there are:
                RenStore.Com
                Museum Replicas

But my favorite site for garb and accessories, because of the personalized service and openness to custom ideas, is without a doubt...

Ravensmoon Replicas

I have a wonderful leather belt and several custom-made leather pouches done by them, and they also made the main parts of my Jedi costume!
                "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
                --StanFlouride

Comment

Working...
                X