This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LP for JC

So I'm considering taking a LP job with Penny of JC and was wondering if anyone here might be working with them or any other LP who can give me the 411 on the details of LP in general. Things like duties of the job, things to look out for, just little hints and such so I have a bit more knowledge going in if I decide to take the position.

Advanced thanks
    Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

As a security guard, I can give some tips:
    - Be aware of popular items. While everything is a potential target, trendy items are likely to get hit more often.
    - Observe clothing worn by customers. Not to the extent of profiling, but unseasonal clothing such as overly large, heavy jackets in summer can be indicators of trouble.
    - Unless specifically told otherwise, be sure to secure storage areas, back doors, etc. Not all losses come from people without nametags.
    - Know your security equipment. If your management is too lazy/cheap to keep all cameras functional, you will have to know the blind spots and be more vigilant about them.
    - When you do rounds, do not set a pattern. Different times, different routes as well as you can manage them. Predictable security is less threatening to potential thieves.
    - Do not deal with a situation alone, if you can help it, ESPECIALLY when opposite genders or other differences may come into play.

On the non-theft-related side:
    -Be aware of physical problems that can damage merchandise. Whether clumsy employees, poor loading equipment, or leaky ceilings, your job will be to detect those problems too, as damaged merchandise still gets counted as lost revenue.
    Last edited by terakhan; 09-18-2010, 10:29 AM.
    Something kind of sad about the way that things have come to be.
    Desensitized to everything, what became of subtlety?

Comment

All the above is good advice. You have to be very observant, and keep in mind that NOBODY is above suspicion. If I had to count the number of times I stopped a well dressed person (often in business suits) from walking out without paying for something...I'd be here awhile. Of course the company policy was to 'remind' them they have to pay for it, not accuse them of theft (even if you seen them stuff something down their pants or such) , but I digress.

If something looks suspicious, call it in, don't hesitate. Might have to word it carefully like. "Four people around this car for last X amount of time in row y, might be having car trouble..checking it out." or such. Just make sure that if you work with others, they know what you are doing, and where. ((Heh I have a funny story about that I will post soon)).

Security can be an easy job, and fun. Just please remember to CYA. Cover your ***.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
      X