X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Mystery Decanter

NSFW starting on page 2: good job guys.

I can't find a thing about this thing on google.

24% lead crystal, the tag says "Shannon Crystal, designs of ireland, made in czech republic"

Mostly, I want a selling price. I figure Kia or someone else might know a bit more than I do. I dont even know what kind of decanter it is.
    Last edited by Whiskey; 09-13-2010, 02:07 AM.
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

it's a crystal decanter. duh.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Looks like either a Scotch or Cognac decanter. Not sure of the origins, considering it's claiming both Irish and Czech, but gimme a few to research and I'll see what I come up with.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
        it's a crystal decanter. duh.
        you are banned from all my threads. and fired.

Comment

Ok. Source. Other Source.

Looks similar to one of these (yes I know it's not the same designer). Considering the other decanters that come up on my search (terms being either "Designs of Ireland" or "Shannon crystal") are much more elaborate in design, I'd say you're probably looking at a relatively recent design, maybe around $20?

The only other Designs of Ireland items I could find were a perfume decanter for $20, or a full set for $68 - and that was more elaborate, and included 4 lowball glasses. I found a lot of Shannon Crystal items, but the company is now owned by Godinger, and the pricing has changed.

Given that your item says BOTH Designs of Ireland, AND made in Czech Republic, it might be from about the time they bought Designs, and I haven't been able to find out when that was.

ETA: I may have found the decanter (possibly the Metro decanter), but the link is semi-dead. It takes me to the site homepage, and the thing looks kinda sketchy, so I'm not going wandering through the site. Google Shopping says $60, but like I said, I don't trust the actual site.
          Last edited by KiaKat; 09-13-2010, 01:53 AM.

Comment

neat, thanks I bought it off someone for 7$ and they said they got it as a wedding present.

Comment

I has google-fu.

I also have a skill for finding info about possible antiques - grew up around them, so I recognize a lot of styles, as well as having learned how to spot a reproduction or a reconstruction. Useful skill to have, sometimes.

Comment

in your industry i bet it is. meh. i need some spare cash. anyone want to rent a drunk for the weekend?

Comment

Kia!!!

You never come to the other thread anymore. I need halp. Whiskey's trying to blow up my house... >.>

You dun luv us anymore...

Comment

i told you twice that was not a bomb you cant read

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                      you are banned from all my threads. and fired.
                      You love me you can't fire me.

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
                      You never come to the other thread anymore. I need halp. Whiskey's trying to blow up my house cardboard box... >.>
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I want.

*pout*
                        I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
                          Kia!!!

You never come to the other thread anymore. I need halp. Whiskey's trying to blow up my house... >.>

You dun luv us anymore...
                          Nooo! I luvs u still!

I just has concrud. I'm trying not to spread it amongst my friends, so I'm quarantined. And sleeping a lot. Will be back in full force this week.

Comment

lupo is sick too

much like her legs

shes spreading it everywhere

Comment

Quoth KiaKat View Post
                              Nooo! I luvs u still!

I just has concrud. I'm trying not to spread it amongst my friends, so I'm quarantined. And sleeping a lot. Will be back in full force this week.
                              Sickness is no excuse. I has a crud, too. Not concrud, just random crud. We can be quarantined together. Away from Whiskey and her bombs.

Comment

Working...
                              X