This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm EXCITED!

either monday or tuesday my DVD collection of all 5 seasons of Sailor moon is arriving!

Orginal uncut japanese with english subtitles ^^

I'm excited!

laugh all you want I don't care....I'll just snuggle with my pictures of me with various voice actors....mmmmm Steve Blum, Vic Mignogna....
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

tuxedo rose?

yes.

can someone disable this thread from the search function because this eliminates like half my cool points.
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

whisk that makes no sense.
      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

i meant tuxedo mask, apparently. Its been a while. I love tuxedo mask.

http://powet.tv/powetblog/wp-content...uxedo_mask.jpg
        Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

heheheheh, Tuxedo Kamen Chiba Mamoru ^^

have you ever seen the 5th season? (stars)

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
            tuxedo rose?

yes.

can someone disable this thread from the search function because this eliminates like half my cool points.
            Monlight knight!!! Been a long time since I watched Sailor Moon.
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Sarlon View Post
              heheheheh, Tuxedo Kamen Chiba Mamoru ^^

have you ever seen the 5th season? (stars)
              I've seen chunks of it from what I can grab off of Youtube (since I can't find it elsewhere-damn my isolation)

Also, just a quick note for those who grew up watching the DIC dub

Chiba Mamoru-Darien Shields-Tuxedo Mask.
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Sarlon View Post
                .mmmmm... Vic Mignogna....
                Man, that guy is in EVERYTHING!!!

Comment

vic never did a voice from Sailor moon....

but hes HOT and cute and funnyandsmartandhotandprettyandshortandhotandcutea ndfunny

Had dinner and drinks with him 5 years ago....have pictures somewhere...

Comment

...can I just say right now how jealous I am? XD *loffs Sailor Moon* I snagged all three movies off of eBay for $15 each, but....that is awesome that you got the entire *series*. eBay or something else?
                    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

SAILORCHAN!!!! I grew up on this...and even as ditzy as meatball head was I still watched it. furious when I learned how american had butchered the episodes for "censorship"

Comment

Ebay..less then $40 for all 5 seasons...all 200 episodes.

Quoth LexiaFira View Post
                        SAILORCHAN!!!! I grew up on this...and even as ditzy as meatball head was I still watched it. furious when I learned how american had butchered the episodes for "censorship"
                        Imagine if you will what DIC would of done to the 5th season....guys that "transform" to girls, multiple deaths (real deaths not fake deaths), several implied adult meanings (raye and usagi talking about *spoiler*usagi marrying Mamoru and what they would do on their wedding night *spoiler*

Never mind Uranus and Neptune's relationship, pluto coming back form the dead, a 12 year old almost blowing up the world agian...

I could go on and on...
                        Last edited by RecoveringKinkoid; 09-15-2010, 01:48 PM. Reason: Merged

Comment

Has a dvd collection of which someone basically taped all the tv episodes and burned to dvd and did a very good dvd case cover and it was said that this was not the real thing but bought it anyways (there were no captions) and the dvd menu setup was really good but i want the subtitles! This is the entire series, sailor s, sailor r and the movies all on dvd its just copied. It was given to me as the person that bought it did not pay attention to the fact that there was no production name to it when she bought it so meh. It works for me cause its just like it was when i watched on saturday morning cartoons hehe. however it does not have the episodes for the tv as i did want to see the original stuff that america censors cut out. sigh

hehehe wants to see the spoiler too
                          and Seiya and usagi ehehehe. Forgive me I recall most of the american names so you will have to tell me who is who...Selena = Usagi right?

Comment

WARNING!!! confusion ahead (based on my geekdom of manga and anime)

Usagi = Serena (normal mortal but sailor moon)

Serenity = Serenity (princess form often translated as selenity, named after her mother also called Serenity)

Chibi-usa = Rini (*spoiler*Usagi's daughter makes more sense in the orginal since it translates to small usagi*spoiler*)

Chiba Mamoru = Darien (tuxedo mask/moonlight night)

Prince/king Endomyion = Prince Darien (again with the BAD translation that dic gave with some confusion...this is Mamoru's royal name from the silver millenium)

Its said in the manga and only lightly implied in the series that Usagi and Serenity are two different people before Usagi regained her memories naming her as the moon princess/

Comment

Quoth Sarlon View Post
                              WARNING!!! confusion ahead (based on my geekdom of manga and anime)

Usagi = Serena (normal mortal but sailor moon)

Serenity = Serenity (princess form often translated as selenity, named after her mother also called Serenity)

Chibi-usa = Rini (*spoiler*Usagi's daughter makes more sense in the orginal since it translates to small usagi*spoiler*)

Chiba Mamoru = Darien (tuxedo mask/moonlight night)

Prince/king Endomyion = Prince Darien (again with the BAD translation that dic gave with some confusion...this is Mamoru's royal name from the silver millenium)

Its said in the manga and only lightly implied in the series that Usagi and Serenity are two different people before Usagi regained her memories naming her as the moon princess/
                              I can go one further:
                              (Sailor Soldier/Japanese name/English name)
                              Sailor Mercury: Ami Mizuno/Amy Mizuno
                              Sailor Mars: Rei Hino/Raye
                              Sailor Jupiter: Makoto Kino/Lita
                              Sailor Venus: Minako Aino/Mina
                              Sailor Pluto: Setsuna Meioh/Trista Meioh
                              Sailor Uranus: Haruka Tenoh/Amara Tenoh
                              Sailor Neptune: Michiru Kaioh/Michelle Kaioh
                              Sailor Saturn: Hotaru Tomoe (name kept but the final e in her last name is silent)

I don't think Raye, Lita or Mina's surnames were kept in the series.

Also, Chibiusa was known as Rini in the English dub. They kept the basic idea of where her name came from though: Rini apparaently is meant to be a shortened form of Serena.

Chibiusa's Sailor term though....she was referred to as Sailor Chibi Moon in the Japanese version, but called Sailor Mini Moon in the English dub. What made his change more odd? The fact that they didn't modify the background music during her transformation sequence, so the background music goes "Chibi moon ooerrooeroer Chibi Moon!"

Don't even get me started on the inconsistencies with the attacks....the worst one was when the Sailor Soldiers became Super Sailor Soldiers: the names of the attacks weren't meant to change after the power up, but...

Venus Love Chain Encircle=Super Venus Love Chain. (-_-)
                              Shine Aqua Illusion=Super Aqua Illusion (O.O)
                              Sparkling Wide Pressure=Superior Sparkling Thunder (Jupiter's attack)
                              Mars Celestial Fire Surround=Mega-Mars Fire Rings Flash (o.O)

The BEST website though to find all the changes in the Japanese dub to English conversion? www.smuncensored.com (mostly safe for work)
                              Last edited by fireheart; 09-14-2010, 04:14 PM.
                              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
                              X