This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you miss me?

Probably not, but here's an update on my life anyways.

First and foremost:

Hysterectomy complete and analysis confirmed... There were, in fact, cancerous cells in my ovaries.

Good thing I had the surgery. Ovarian cancer is a bitch to diagnose.

I've been healing really well and I'm already feeling better than I was before the surgery. (Physically, anyways. Emotionally... *shrugs* My hormones are still screwed up. Doc and I are working on finding the dosing schedule that will keep me from being an overly emotional, homicidal maniac.)

YAY!

Next:

Hubby is now in Korea. BOO!

One year separation. *shrugs and sighs* At least it's not the sandbox. The Middle East is still a hot spot, and I'm glad that my hubby isn't being actively shot at. Hopefully Korea will stay relatively sane while he's there.

Onward!:

The new school year has started and my oldest heathens are settling into the new routine.

Which is... WAVA (WAshington Virtual Academy) public school online. We're part-timing it this year so that we won't be required to take the state testing.

My eldest gets her school time in the morning,when I can devote a large chunk of time that isn't broken up, so that she doesn't get distracted from her work and knows when her school time will be over. And the second eldest gets her school time after lunch, when the 10 y/o can corral the littlest two for naps, so that she doesn't have to deal with me getting up and down during the lessons.

It's working so far!

Upward!:

Still planning on traveling down to TX and OK in the spring with all four of the heathens!

A blast shall be had by all!

And so, dear friends, you have been updated on the most pertinent parts of my life... and have been given a reason for my lack of input on the boards for so long. (It's been a couple of months since I managed to log in... blasted compy...)

Hope you guys are having as much (or more) fun as I am!

~NSI
    hea·then [hee-thuhn] noun
    1. an unconverted individual that does not acknowledge the God of the Bible.
    2. an irreligious, uncultured, or uncivilized person.
    3. the children of NotSoInnocent.

Yaaaaaaaaaay!

I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Welcome back .

Comment

Good to hear the surgery went well. Where in Texas are you planning on traveling?

Comment

Missed you!!!
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

im happy to see you too but do you mean Oophorectomy or did you mean Hysterectomy because the first is the removal of ovaries the last uterus?

Comment

Good to see you back!
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Glad to see you back!

Comment

Yes, we did miss you. Glad to hear (read) things are going so well! Sorry hubby is gone but I guess there are worse places he could be these days.

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                  im happy to see you too but do you mean Oophorectomy or did you mean Hysterectomy because the first is the removal of ovaries the last uterus?
                  I believe it was both.
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth MaggieTheCat View Post
                    Good to hear the surgery went well. Where in Texas are you planning on traveling?
                    Dallas, Garland, and Waxahachie. Friends, family, and REN FAIRE!!!

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                    Complete Hyst with bilateral oophorectomy. All of my "infernal internals" were removed. Ovaries, uterus, and cervix.
                    Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                    Yes, we did miss you. Glad to hear (read) things are going so well! Sorry hubby is gone but I guess there are worse places he could be these days.

I believe it was both.
                    That is so true. I'm so glad that he's not currently being actively shot at.

And yes. Both.

Comment

Glad you're recovering well, NSI...gotta keep an eye on those heathens!

Hope your hubby comes back safe and sound as soon as possible.
                      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

NSI, wondered where yalls went.
                        Hope you enjoy the year, I'm in WA also, and I'm really enjoying the start of fall. It's a LOT quieter outside cuz the kids are at school...call me mean :P

Say hi to the heathens, and Good Job to them too for helping you with the surgery.

Have a good road trip later this year!
                        In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                        She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Glad everything's working out and hopefully hubby will be back soon! A few months back my cousin graduated from the Navy basic training and is now going to Japan.
                          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth NotSoInnocent View Post
                            Dallas, Garland, and Waxahachie. Friends, family, and REN FAIRE!!!
                            Which Ren Faire?

Comment

Quoth trailerparkmedic View Post
                              Which Ren Faire?
                              Scarborough Faire in Waxahachie.

Comment

Working...
                              X