This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Scott Pilgrim Phenomenon?

Well, slap me around with an electric hotdog, I could've cared less about Scott Pilgrim until about a month ago, but holy crap is the game awesome. In fact, it was awesome enough that I decided to jump into ALL of the comics, one by one, in a day. Very fine stuff, especially if you're a gamer. I've yet to see the film and I definitely want to, but what's everyone else's thoughts on this?
    You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

I've not read the comics or played the game, but I loved the movie. I've already vowed to give it a space on my shelf when it hits DVD. Very much a gamer movie, and entertaining in the way they treat the most absurd stuff as perfectly normal.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

The game plays like River City Ransom on crack, but has references to several classic and even more modern titles like...

- Clash at Demonhead
      - Crash n The Boys
      - DDR
      - Double Dragon
      - Earthbound
      - Final Fantasy
      - Golden Axe
      - Gradius
      - Guitar Hero
      - Kirby
      - Megaman
      - Super Mario Bros. Series
      - TMNT Arcade
      - Zelda 2

And a whole lot else I'm probably forgetting. Better still, the comics have even more references (Chrono Trigger reference in the last comic FTW!). I wouldn't say the comics are brilliant, but they are entertaining and even if they weren't the game is probably the most fun I've had for a while.
      You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

Working...
      X