• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in the land of palm trees

For the next 6 months, anyway.

Some points of interest gleaned from travels thus far:

Yes, You Are

Spotted on the interstate heading through Tennessee: a car with "I'm Awesome" written in big letters with that car window chalk in the rear window. I was feeling benevolent so I decided that anyone with the audacity to write that on their car was indeed awesome.

Oh, Irony...

Spotted in a Waffle House: a sign listing intolerable things in that place of business, including, among others, profanity.

Naturally the local yokels seated nearby were making sure to inject "shit," "damn," "assholes," etc. into their conversation as often as possible.

...you do it again...

Seen in a McDonald's: "Please do not leave children unattended."

In their restroom? Yup. Small unattended child. Whose misery at being stuck in a strange place was compounded by the nasty treatment he got from his parental unit. I may not be a fan of most kids, but neither am I fan of treating them in a mean way.

Aaaand thus spake my journalings for now...
    ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Welcome to sunny Florida!
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Forgot to mention one other thing I saw on the interstate...

I think I was somewhere in Georgia when this happened. I'm zooming down I-75 along with everybody else, and at one point a pack of motorcyclists (young, the kind that ride those 'suicide bikes') speeds past me. I took no other notice of them...

...until some minutes later, when I hear a loud revving and look over to see...

...one acrobat cyclist DOING A WHEELIE about a quarter of a mile, at what was probably around 80 mph. I seriously thought this guy was going to become road pizza in front of my face. (He and his gang turned off onto one of the exit ramps so I have no idea whatever became of him.)

The things one sees on the interstate...!
      ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Working...
      X