This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tommorow may be bad

Why? I get my TENS machine, that i have to use several times a day, in order to maybe help my back, why is that bad? cause last time, when I borrowed my nans, years ago, to use on my shoulder, my entire arm locked up in a rictus, so yeah, not looking forward to that happening to my lower back and outwards.
    I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Well, I got it, not as bad as I hoped (it mostly feels numb whereits put) but two of the funny side effects are that i cannot kneel down at all, nort can i lean side to side much

Comment

Glad its not horrific for you. Maybe your body will get used to it.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transcu...ve_stimulation
        You electro-shock-therapy yourself?
        As long as it works, I suppose. >__>
        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Well, I'm just going through it to please the surgeon who doesn't want to operate on my back because of how risky it is. can't tell that its working yet, though i may have it on too high as my back feels a little bit like its sunburned, although there's no marks , and my back still twitches a little from it, but thats thanks to my pain (and stimuli) tolerance, which reduces the machine to pretty much 2 levels of strength besides off, level 1 = too low to actually feel and/or doanything and level 2 = oh my fucking god i cant move because this thing has locked my spine in place.

Just to Clarify, the surgery that he wont do has, <50% chance of working, about 80% chance of putting me in a wheel chair and about 50% or so chance of killing me.
          Last edited by RayvenQ; 09-18-2010, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
            Well, I'm just going through it to please the surgeon who doesn't want to operate on my back because of how risky it is. can't tell that its working yet, though i may have it on too high as my back feels a little bit like its sunburned, although there's no marks , and my back still twitches a little from it, but thats thanks to my pain (and stimuli) tolerance, which reduces the machine to pretty much 2 levels of strength besides off, level 1 = too low to actually feel and/or doanything and level 2 = oh my fucking god i cant move because this thing has locked my spine in place.

Just to Clarify, the surgery that he wont do has, <50% chance of working, about 80% chance of putting me in a wheel chair and about 50% or so chance of killing me.
            O____O
            (mommy)
            "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
            "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

The fact that I still want the surgery should indicate how bad the pain is.

If it doesn't work, balls, if it doesn't work and puts me in a wheelchair, balls but was worth the risk of taking a shot, if it works and doesn't put me in a wheelchair, yay, if it kills me, then I wont have to worry about back pain any more.

Why am i so unperturbed by the prospect of possible death? because if my back continues to get worse, I'll more than likely be dead due to it by the time 2020 comes around. Having my spine snapping of its own accord and then killing me, is something I'd take the chance of dying sooner rather than later to try and avoid.

Comment

Working...
              X