This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I'm an idiot. (language)

I signed on with an alarm company. sounded like a good deal: 49.99 a month but with a 3 yr contract. They installed it (within 15 mins) and I thought all was well in good. But the whole time, I'm feeling uneasy. Though he didn't outwardly do it, I felt a little pressured. I talked to a friend who knew people in the security business.

And he called me a fucking idiot.

Turns out that while yes, it is a legitimate company, I got raked across the coals. He then told me that I should...ah..."Cancel that shit faster than a ball chopping service."

So I go to cancel and my I had one more alarm go off in my head (as it were). To cancel, I must send in the Notice for Cancellation into their office. I must send it via mail, email (scanning it) or faxing it. It just strikes me as...odd.

So yeah. I feel like a fucking idiot.
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Spend the money to send the cancellation via certified mail. Companies that require cancellation by mail love to "lose" standard mail notices. With certified mail, you have proof of delivery. Keep a copy for yourself as well.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
    X