This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My oldest daughter's first job!

My 13-year-old has her first job. She's gonna be wearing a kangaroo costume at appearances around town as the mascot of the credit union that my wife works at.

Amazing. I still remember the first day she was born. Now she's a teen and has a job and is learning how good it feels to work for your money. Life indeed goes on.

You should take her out for a mocha or something!
    You've probably already done this, but if you haven't, make sure you give her the nuts and bolts about budgeting, saving, banks, credit, the difference between banks and credit unions, the like.
    This must be so cool for her! Tell her that a person on the internet says "congratulations!"
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
      Tell her that a person on the internet says "congratulations!"
      Ditto.

But also remind her that internet people are strangers and to not talk to them. LOL.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
        Ditto.

But also remind her that internet people are strangers and to not talk to them. LOL.
        Real ones are stranger.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
        X