This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Tasks Which Take Forever

I hate it when something which should take two minutes ends up taking all morning. I have to print an online form which boyfriend must submit next week in order to get a government payment (he lost the original form and obtaining another from them will take him over the timelimit ).

But - the printer printed 4 pages of it then refused to print the last two pages. I shook it and a peanut came out (probably dropped in there by one of our pet birds ).

Time taken so far to print 6 pages - nearly an hour. there must be something else in there because it still won't print.
    Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

STILL no joy with it, been trying every so often to shake it in between doing household tasks.

*weeps in frustration* Just two pages.................
    Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

Is it a PDF file or something similar you can save onto a thumb drive?

If so, you could likely save it on the thumb drive and take it to your local staple/office max/office depot and have them print it out. Just a suggestion.

Edit: just noticed you were in the UK, so I don't know if you have any of those places I mentioned, but surely there must be something similar there?

Comment

Quoth TelephoneAngel View Post
        (snip)
        But - the printer printed 4 pages of it then refused to print the last two pages. I shook it and a peanut came out (probably dropped in there by one of our pet birds ).

(snip)
        A peanut? oh, that's funny... I'm sorry, I'll be laughing like a maniac (over something that probably isn't that funny) in the corner over there.

(also, I feel, understand, and am sorry for your frustration. this is why some people drink.)
        EDIT: or the library, or local stores that really like you.
        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Working...
        X