Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suppose I'm a little weird in that I cannot STAND raw tomatoes. I will actually throw up if I try to force myself to eat one. But if they're stewed, I'm semi-ok with them, and I'm perfectly fine with tomato sauce and ketchup.
    "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
    "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
    Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
      Maybe it's something in the way the carrots and fennel flavors fuse together when they're cooked. I know I hate raw onions, but I love having them cooked in dishes. Or breaded and deep fried.
      Well, anything's good breaded and deep-fried.

Also, I can't stand raw carrots, but I'd choose roasted ones over candy.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Hey RK, could I have your recipe? I am always looking for new veggie dishes to try since my husband doesn't like very many veggies. Do you use the bulb of the fennel plant or just the seeds?

Comment

Carrots with Fennel

2 lbs. baby carrots
          Coarse salt
          4 tbsp. unsalted butter
          2 tbsp. fennel seed

1. Combine carrots and enough lightly salted water to cover in a medium saucepan. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 - 12 minutes or until tender-crisp.
          2. Drain carrots and return to pot. Add butter, sugar, fennel seed and salt to taste. Cover and set aside 10 minutes. Stir before serving. Serves 8.

I myself used salted butter because that is what I had. I'm sure you hardly need two pounds of carrots for just you and your husband, so just pare it down as needed. My friend usually adds sugar, but left it out when she made it for us because none of the rest of us eat sugar. Baby carrots are sweet as it is, I can't imagine the need for adding sugar anyways.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
            X