This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Amusement Gal View Post
    Flagship cheese, straight from Seattle! <3 That stuff is super sharp, super sweet, and omgexpensive, but it tastes sooo goooooodddddd....*drool* I'm not normally this enthusiastic, but with cheese I'll make an exception.
    ah, how could i forget beecher's? their flagship and flagship reserve are both amazing. in addition, their flavors of the world line is also great. my particular favorites are no woman (a cheddar-type made with carribbean jerk spice) and marco polo (another cheddar-type made with madagascar green peppercorns).
    My Space

Comment

If you want one that has a mild flavor, melts beautifully, and can be used in a buncha different things, go for farmer's cheese. It's really good, because it's so mild, with things that are salty. I like to just eat slices of it with Ritz crackers, but you can put it in a quesadilla, an omelet, on a sandwich (hot or cold), or my personal favorite- Pancakes with butter, syrup, and shredded farmer's cheese (it's surprisingly good)
      "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

I adore cheese, so far I've not found one I don't like Don't have really have any recipes though as I like to eat mine mostly as is, but I have found adding some chopped green chillies to plain cheddar on toast is scrummy!

The last unusual cheese I has was I think a Lancashire cheese with apple, raisin & cinnamon. I've had cheese made with Christmas cake in the past and a chain store near me does a cracking cheddar with diablo chilli in

got to go & raid the fridge.. my mouth is totally watering now
        Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

I love almost all cheeses. Among my favorites: havarti, tilsiter, danbo, any and all blue cheeses, gouda, edam, and gruyere.
          The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Love my Gouda straight from Holland (aka the Netherlands). I have relatives that live there so I LOVE when they visit and bring some. Sadly the Gouda here in the US isn't quite the same in taste and texture. Though I did find a couple of websites I can order my wonderfully delicious Dutch Gouda and other Dutch goodies!
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I can't eat too much cheese on my new diet but I love it, stilton, cheddar (we just found a new cheddar with pickled onions in it) soft cream cheese, mmmmmmm.
              Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

There's an Irish cheese called Dubliner that I tried with a fruit and cheese tray a few weeks ago that's pretty good. Taste is similar to a cheddar, but different in subtle ways that I can't quite explain, and it's very slightly salty. Goes really well with fruit, and oddly enough, with caramel fruit dip.
                You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
                  There's an Irish cheese called Dubliner that I tried with a fruit and cheese tray a few weeks ago that's pretty good. Taste is similar to a cheddar, but different in subtle ways that I can't quite explain, and it's very slightly salty. Goes really well with fruit, and oddly enough, with caramel fruit dip.
                  i find dubliner to be somewhere between a cheddar and parmesan, with just a bit of caramel sweetness to it.
                  My Space

Comment

I refer you to the Monty Python sketch, Cheese Shop.

My favorite though, is provolone. Nice and melty, but doesn't fall apart.
                    Something kind of sad about the way that things have come to be.
                    Desensitized to everything, what became of subtlety?

Comment

Cream cheese (Nuefchatel) is cheese too!
                      cheese cake (search Alton Brown Cheesecake on google/youtube to find a show on how to make the perfect cheese cake), dips, spreads, breads...
                      "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                      "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

I also like Dubliner (has kind of a nuttiness to it). Also Mizithra on spaghetti with browned butter and Greek olives. Yummy!
                        My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

Havarti with dill is fabulous, especially aged so it is sharp, as is smoked gouda (I prefer it not aged, as you get a more buttery aftertaste.) I have had some goat cheddar that is not so bad, although you still have a strong aftertaste. Farmstead cheeses like Dubliner are also very good and very reminiscent of extra sharp aged cheddar. I also like fontina if it is fresh (aged, it becomes a bit too strong,) and its' nutty creamy flavor somewhat like gouda. My absolute favorites though have to be flavored cheese-chipotle cheddar or chipotle jack, or this absolutely fantastic white cheddar I found with smoked salmon and dill embedded in it. Muenster is ok, but kind of flavorless for me. Applewood smoked cheddar or smoked mozzarella is another fabulous cheese. Sigh...now I wish I could still eat pasta so I could make mac and cheese...

Comment

Quoth terakhan View Post
                            I refer you to the Monty Python sketch, Cheese Shop.

My favorite though, is provolone. Nice and melty, but doesn't fall apart.
                            My favorite sketch! Whever my bf and I are looking for something in a store and find out they dont' carry it, he always quips "This isn't much of a cheese shop is it?"
                            The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                            X