This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How the hell is this a safe gadget?

Specifically, the Glade Sense and Spray.

Mom thought it'd be nifty to put in the hall bathroom, right next to the sink... in front of the hand soap. It's motion activated.

I was washing my hands, reached over for the soap, and *SPRITZ* right in my fucking eyes.

I don't think I've felt pain like that in a long, long, long time. I've already called and made a medical complaint with them,they told me to "take a long shower and wash your eyes out with warm water". Yeah, been there done that still fucking burns like fire, and I have a severe phobia about water getting in my eyes to begin with.

Just glad it was me and not my cat, he's bad about walking on the bathroom counters.

well your mom put it in a dumb place your suppose to but where traffic will pass it and wont get in the way, but yeah not fun.

Comment

Even then, there are children..pets, and such that can and will get into ANYTHING. Not sure this was the most well thought out thing they have ever made.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

The ones that spray when you walk by them?
        My in-laws little dog, Moby grabbed it and tried to run off with it. He got a mouthful of that nasty. He threw up the rest of the day because it got in his throat.
        Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
        http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Had that happen at a house my paranormal group was investigating.

The new guy was trying to find the source of the repetitive mechanical noise, got too close to it, somehow wound up getting the spray in his face. Fortunately it didn't wind up in his mouth.

Comment

Shouldn't that device required to be black with a white stripe?
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I had one of these and even tho I don't have a sense of smell...smells can still make me sick. I's weird I know. Anyhoo had it in the living room over the tv...that I have to pass to get to my bedroom. More then half of my home is unreachable to me right now because of a practical wall that gives me serious headaches.

Neighbor took it away two days after I set it up and I still spend a lot of time out of the house. My couch isn't that comfortable...I want my bed back.

Comment

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
                Had that happen at a house my paranormal group was investigating.

The new guy was trying to find the source of the repetitive mechanical noise, got too close to it, somehow wound up getting the spray in his face. Fortunately it didn't wind up in his mouth.
                ah, I shouldn't be laughing!

Bean, I'm sorry you got sprayed down with Ebil^tm, and poor Moby! I'm so glad I already hate aerosol smells like that-- I prefer opening a window or a door, and finding the culprit and getting rid of it. When I want something smelly (good) I burn candles or incense. Yeah, you gotta watch the candles, but I love staring into the flames anyway. It also lets me have a 'new smell'-- the ones that are constantly present in your living space you don't notice after a while-- you become acclimated.
                "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Oh, safety tip: many of those "plug in the wall" air fresheners are fire hazards. Better to light a candle that you'll keep an eye on and snuff out when you leave the room/house. Or keep a clean house that doesn't need smell-good stuff.
                  "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                  Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                    Oh, safety tip: many of those "plug in the wall" air fresheners are fire hazards. Better to light a candle that you'll keep an eye on and snuff out when you leave the room/house. Or keep a clean house that doesn't need smell-good stuff.
                    IIRC the sense and spray ones (I think they're called Fresh-Matic down here) are battery-powered, not plug-in ones.

I don't have a plug-in one and I can't use candles in my room. So I use reed diffusers or something similar.
                    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I have a plug in one in the bathroom how is it a fire hazard?
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Gdammit Mom....

Oookay, that's what I get for believing what my mother told me without checking it out first. They aren't..but I don't like 'em. I prefer my house to smell like a house and not fake flowers. Unless it's winter time...then I'm all about candles.
                        "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                        Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Well, at least now when someone asks you what that smell is, you can tell them "Eye stink". :-)
                          "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

And you can give them the stinkeye...
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Gdammit Mom....

Oookay, that's what I get for believing what my mother told me without checking it out first. They aren't..but I don't like 'em. I prefer my house to smell like a house and not fake flowers. Unless it's winter time...then I'm all about candles.
                              Ok I feel better I actually do keep a clean house but still like deodorizers and candles and whatnot cause they just smell good. Plus between cooking and this and that that house can just generally not smell great and needs refreshing. Oh and I'm a big fan of the febreeze type stuff too.

As for Mom disaster predictions my ex boyfriend's step mom was like that. I bought a pump thermos thing for coffee once and she said that "those things just explode randomly" And I had my oldest daughter in a long skirt once (had to she grew so fast!) and this woman predicted that she would trip and fall and break something. EVERYTHING was dangerous to her. She was crazy!
                              https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                              Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Working...
                              X