This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar Storm 2013

I've been reading more and more recently about people worrying about the solar storm which is supposed to hit earth in 2013, knocking out computers and communiciations.There are lots of articles on the web saying people shouldliquidise their money from banks, and start stocking up on food and water.

Is anyone concerned?

Didn't we go through this with the Y2K bug ten years ago?
    Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Yeah, it is years away, and almost everything will be properly shielded that needs to be. Not really gonna freak over that.

Edit : Oh yeah, besides isn't Dec 21, 2012 the last day for earth or something?
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not worrying about it. We'll have water tanks in place by then, gardens running well and (if I'm lucky and they make the animal laws more friendly) some chooks. I live close enough to the water that we can drop a line in and get some fish fairly regularly, assuming the water isn't contaminated. Besides, if it's long term ala Dark Angel, then I can annex the houses around me.
      Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

My understanding is that, while a massive solar event could do incredible damage to our electrical infrastructure, that's not really a concern, because with enough warning - and we're getting early warning tech into place - we can shut down the infrastructure long enough to avoid that damage.

In other words, no, I'm not worrying.
        The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Working...
        X