This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More car leaks

So I've gone through a gallon of coolant in the past 3 weeks, and just found something leaking on the inside passenger side of my car. I just went to the garage in June, and they replaced the radiator, so if that's the problem, it SHOULD be a free fix (how much you wanna bet it won't be?).

I so cannot afford another major fix. I cant' even get the brakes fixed.
    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

probably just a hose cracked.. or a connection isn't tight enough. connections are easy to tighten, but a hose may need replacing.... you could argue that such details should be part of the radiator job, no guarantees though worth a shot
    It's a tough row to hoe, and I'm just the Joe to hoe it.

Comment

If the coolant is leaking inside the car, I think it will be the heating. I agree, it's probably just a hose or a connection.

Comment

What colour is the liquid inside the car (use a paper towel to sop some up if the floor of your car makes it hard to tell)?

If it's green or red then it's probably the heater core or one of the tubes/hoses to it... if the rad failed I wouldn't be surprised if the heater core also failed.
        There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

I currently have water dripping on the passenger side floorboard of my car. If it's water it's just condensate that's not properly making its way through the drain hose out of the car. Not exactly dangerous, but quite annoying. I haven't pinpointed my problem yet; it's draining outside but also dripping inside, so my hose is clear, and unfortunately I'm not in a position to leave my car with anyone to check it out for a few days.

Comment

If it's water, it could also be that your windshield seal has a leak somewhere. Either the seal itself has failed...or there's a small rust hole under the seal.
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
            X