X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Padding on checkout stand

Hi all,

At Walmart, the other day, I saw that the registers have a padding strip below the POS terminal on the cashier's side. It's not on the drawer. I couldn't find any good images of it but in this one you can see it below her waist (the drawer is to her left). Is it for leaning?

it could be to protect the cashier's clothing. the scanning movement (kind of a sideways pivoting) hundreds to times .a day can lead to wear on clothes. I ruined a work jumper (pullover) that way within 6 months of buying it.

Comment

I would bet it's to keep them from being bruised. No kidding. When we first started playing music, me and another friend had tambourines tied to our belts and they hung over our hip. After a night of roving around Pennsic with them very gently swinging against our hips when we walked, and then us stopping frequently to play them by simply drumming on them with our fingers as they hung there, they left huge, nasty bruises on our hips the next morning.

No kidding, we are talking about something that probably does not weigh a pound each. Couple ounces, and us not hitting them against ourselves hard at all. If D didn't have a matching bruise on his hip, I never would have figured out what had done it. And no, neither of us bruise easily.

I can totally see that wearing through someone's clothes and bruising their body if they did it every day.

Comment

Makes sense then. Thanks

Comment

Yeah, my cousin is a cashier there, and she says that it was to lean on.
          Before they had them, her belly had this nasty bruise, and she thought it was hurting her baby.
          Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
          http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

UM....! O_o

Am i the only one seeing this!? Why is that person pant-less!!!!?

Comment

I'm with you on that one, I thought it was a picture grabbed from peopleofwalmart.com

Comment

That's a black lady wearing khakis.

Comment

Working...
                X