This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
    The pastor of the church I grew up in blamed me for what happened and told me he would welcome my step father back with open arms.
    The pastor wants that sack of shit so badly, he can have him. There's plenty of space in Hell for the both of them, and they both can be surprised when Satan calls them to stand for their crimes.
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Forgiveness is for you. It has to be when you're ready. It's not something you can pull from yourself just because someone asks.

I'd say that your stepfather doesn't deserve any absolution, and anyone who thinks he does is long overdue for a punch in the face.

*more hugs*
      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
      -----
      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

You are all very sweet!! I appreciate the feed back and suggestions. Here is a hug for each and everyone of you!

If my step father did show up here Mr. Mis would make him regret it by going all "Wrath of God" on him. Plus, I am no longer that afraid little girl who couldn't fight back.
        Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

This is a fascinating thread. Mis, I totally agree that you are right to keep your distance from the creep. Let God/gods/whoever handle the forgiveness part.

I don't agree that forgiveness means forgetting about abuse. I went through hell all through school, in the days when bullying didn't get the attention it gets now. Long story short, no one stopped it, although my mom at least tried. And to this day, if I encountered the people who treated me like shit, I'd spit on them and walk away. I used to fantasize about getting in just one good slap across their faces, and that wouldn't return one tenth of the pain they caused me.

Does this cause me inner pain now? Hell, no! I very rarely even think of these people. I don't spend my days crying about what happened or ranting about it. But it's a part of my past, and yes, I survived it, but that doesn't mean I need to waste my energy on forgiving a bunch of assholes. They aren't worth it.

You have my admiration for surviving shit much worse than what I went through. Live your life and be happy, and don't apologize to anyone for it.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Mis, you are a strong lady.

I'm christian and I don't think that asshole deserves your forgiveness. Especially when he demands it. Telling you to get over it. That's bullshit.

There's a special place in hell for people who abuse children.
            Take this job and shove it. I ain't workin here no more.

Proud Air Force Mom

Comment

Working...
            X