Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forgot Kool-Aid! With the amount of water you have to drink, water gets very old very quickly. My ex LOVED my packages because I sent several packets of different Kool-Aid/Gatorade/Crystal Light drink mixes. Just make sure they don't need to be sweetened and try to find individual packets instead of a big container that needs to be scooped out.

Comment

Everyone's made some great suggestions. I'll add:

- CDs (Tunes are always appreciated)
      - DVDs (Ditto entertainments)

(The troops can listen to/watch these in their 'free' time)
      ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Quoth It shouldn't View Post
        How coincidental..........
        ball point pens (that's what the local children ask for),
        American Science and Surplus sells pens by the pound, and in a box of 1000
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

You know the person who you're sending to, so make it personal to them. If they're missing fruit, send them some tinned pineappe - if they're missing chocolate then send chocolate.

Anything that reminds them of who they are is an excellent thing and shows them that someone cares. Care packages can just be one or two little things, and that can sometimes mean much more than a box full of impersonal junk.
          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

If you or anyone you know who would be willing to help can sew, these cool ties were loved by my nephew and his fellow soldiers when he was in Iraq. He's heading to Afghanistan next year, so I'll probably be making more to send then.

Other than that, I would agree with other people's recommendations, especially the things that he really enjoys and won't be able to get there. My niece ordered 3 cases of a certain type of snack that nephew loves and couldn't even get at the base he was stationed at there in the states and would send him a bag in each box.

Comment

Working...
            X