This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movies and Me........why?????????//

I posted previously that I had just got a copy of a movie then it was on TV.

This week I saw several movies which looked interesting at the £1 store and bought them..................and guess what............this week ALL of them are showing on tv.

Boyfriend said it was because the tv schedulers didnt know what to put on this week so they sent someone out to the £1 store to get movies for the week!!!!!!!!
    Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

You're looking at this all wrong. You are looking at it from the negative end, and there is so much positive here. For example:

--You can watch these movies whenever you want, at YOUR schedule, not based around the tv channel's scheduling of them.

--You own these movies, so you can watch them again if you choose.

--They won't take up any room on your DVR that you can use for other things.

--They won't be interrupted by commercials.

--You can pause them whenever you want.

--You are only out £1 for each. Not like you spent full price.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Plus...
      --You get the full version (Director's cut maybe?), not the cut TV version.
      --You get all the DVD extras.
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

For absolutely every reason Jester listed, you made the right choice. Another good thing about owning the movies is that you get the *whole* thing. Sometimes, at least here in the States, movies that are shown on TV have scenes shortened or cut entirely so the movie fits into a certain time slot. Also, depending on the channel, the movie gets edited to appease the censors. Owning the movie means you get to watch it as it was intended to be watched. No scene cuts, no censorship dubbing.
        "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth firecat88 View Post
          For absolutely every reason Jester listed, you made the right choice. Another good thing about owning the movies is that you get the *whole* thing. Sometimes, at least here in the States, movies that are shown on TV have scenes shortened or cut entirely so the movie fits into a certain time slot. Also, depending on the channel, the movie gets edited to appease the censors. Owning the movie means you get to watch it as it was intended to be watched. No scene cuts, no censorship dubbing.
          It always amuses me the things they cut out, censorship-wise. And it seems to vary between movies even on the same channel.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
            It always amuses me the things they cut out, censorship-wise. And it seems to vary between movies even on the same channel.
            What bugs me is when you HAVE the DVD of a movie and they show it on TV and there's footage that you've never seen before!
            The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Plus, they aren't censored, "edited for content", "edited for time", or "edited to fit your TV screen".
              Quote Dalesys:
              ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Working...
              X