• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy National Coming Out Day

Because it's important, too.

Human Rights Campaign "Coming Out"

It is, though.

Although I'm only semi out of the closet, as I'm 95% sure my parents shall disown me when they find out I'm bi. Buuuuuuuuuuuttttt here's hoping that doesn't happen ever.

Happy stories? Sad stories? People who know that was today?

Also. Random rainbow picture.
    "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
    "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
    Amayis is my wifey

Oooh, pretty picture.
    ... maybe there should be more of a warning with this day, y'know, to get stuff set up??
    not suuuurrreee...
    (I don't have much to come out about tho... XD )
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

I did not know that, but I did catch up on the last 3 weeks of Dan Savage's podcast at work today.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I think that's awesome. Though as a Canadian kid it makes me laugh my butt off.

As today is Canadian Thanksgiving, meaning the first time most college bound youths come home after going to school. I just can't get the image out of my head of of a Dad asking his son to hand the stuffing and the boy to just announce to the whole dinner table that he is gay.

But yeah, great day!
        Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
        Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Quoth hinakiba777 View Post

As today is Canadian Thanksgiving, meaning the first time most college bound youths come home after going to school. I just can't get the image out of my head of of a Dad asking his son to hand the stuffing and the boy to just announce to the whole dinner table that he is gay.
          Not to trivialize the difficult decision to come out to one's friends and family, but that sounds to me like something out of a Saturday Night Live sketch.

"Son, pass me the stuffing."

"I'm gay, dad."
          Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 10-11-2010, 11:25 PM.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I feel ashamed, but that makes me

"I'm a lesbian, Mom and Dad."

"That's nice, please pass the potatoes...

Wait WHAT? "

"And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
            Amayis is my wifey

Comment

One can only hope Esia. /dry
              (as in, one can only hope that it's that easy/that accepted)
              "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
              "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

It was hard for my cousin to come out - my Mom knew she was gay before my cousin did
                So when Cousin told Mom, Mom was all "that's nice dear, your girlfriend is lovely and we approve of her." And Cousin was all
                my Mommy
                The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

*** staring at the picture in Eisa's post ***

...What does it mean?

*** runs away giggling ***

Comment

I'm late posting on here... but yeah, I'm bi. Posted on my FB on the 11th but might as well post here too.

My parents don't know.... I'm already on the outs with the majority of my family and that would probably break any chance of a relationship with my dad. I shouldn't care... most of my family treats me like crap anyway, but I'm always afraid of breaking that last tie with my dad. My stepmom & bio-sister already treat me like I'm a freak because I'm pagan, so I don't think I'll ever come out to them about being bisexual.
                    "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

Quoth Eisa View Post
                      I feel ashamed, but that makes me

"I'm a lesbian, Mom and Dad."

"That's nice, please pass the potatoes...

Wait WHAT? "

"I told her, 'I love key lime pie... and I'm gay' "
                      "Wow, I bet she wished she made apple."

Cookies for the reference.
                      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                        "I told her, 'I love key lime pie... and I'm gay' "
                        "Wow, I bet she wished she made apple."

Cookies for the reference.
                        Um....*thinks* Broken Hearts Club?
                        Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                        Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Quoth Wenchie View Post
                          I'm late posting on here... but yeah, I'm bi. Posted on my FB on the 11th but might as well post here too.

My parents don't know.... I'm already on the outs with the majority of my family and that would probably break any chance of a relationship with my dad. I shouldn't care... most of my family treats me like crap anyway, but I'm always afraid of breaking that last tie with my dad. My stepmom & bio-sister already treat me like I'm a freak because I'm pagan, so I don't think I'll ever come out to them about being bisexual.
                          I did, too...in a roundabout sort of way.

Yeah, I know the feeling. I already have so many things I'm hiding from my family. I'm not pagan, but I recently decided that I don't believe in organized religion--so I'm religious/spiritual in a sense that I believe most of the tenets of Christianity, but I don't know that I actually want to label myself as a Christian anymore. My parents would probably draw and quarter me if they knew. Add to that being bisexual...add to that wanting to confront them about abuse...it adds up.

Also, you aren't a freak because you're pagan. I hope you know that.
                          Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Wenchy- If being a Pagan makes you a freak than I'm one too. Remind me to post a pic of my tattoo sometime as proof of this statement. My parents took it pretty ok when I came out of the broom closet, then again my uncle is a Druid and my aunt is a Pagan too so they kinda saw it coming.

My parents don't know I'm bi, but everyone else in my family does. I'm not going to make an issue of it until I have a girlfriend that I want my parents to meet. The only person in my family who knows everything (the bi, the poly, the dominatrix, the sex toy reviewer ect...) is my grandmother. Sounds really weird until you recall that my grandma was a teen in the 60s, the right age at the right time to be open minded as hell. I told her I was poly and bi in one fell swoop. Her reaction? "Well you don't want babies, but maybe your girlfriend will want one with your boyfriend then you can be co-mommy without that silly pregnancy thing" I told her I was a Domme. He reaction: "Well sweetness I'm glad you tell your partners up front that you'll be the one wearing the pants in your relationship. I'm sure there are a lot of people who could use a good spanking, don't wear your hand out too much."

I love my grandma.
                            Me to a friend: I know I'm crazy, you know I'm crazy, the zombies at the end of the world will know I'm crazy. Thus not eating my brain for fear of ingesting the crazy. It's my survival plan.

Comment

^OMG that is awesome. Your grandma is amazing.
                              Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Working...
                              X