This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detoxing from Cymbalta

I've been on several antidepressants, but Cymbalta has been by far the worst to quit.

I stopped it because I was apparently suffering from serotonin toxicity http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serotonin_toxicity

I was angry all the time, hated everyone and everything, sweated as if I'd run the Triple Crown, headaches, joint pain, hot flashes, nausea, tremors, etc. Bad, bad stuff.

I've been off the medication for nearly two months and I'm still having problems. They seem to run in cycles, with the good cycles slowly growing longer and the bad cycles growing shorter.

In the process of all this, I ended up dumping my psychiatrist.

Thanks, just needed to whine.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

holy crap yea! how in the heck side affects like this could have been missed...good grief
    glad to hear its slowly stopping. much luvs and baked goods

Comment

I stopped Cymbalta a few years ago and yeah, it was rough like you say. I wasn't warned about the discontinuation effects and had the "electric shock" feeling very strongly and very often. Since I didn't know that this was common I thought I was dying and spent a lot of time in and out of doctors' offices and various diagnostic facilities.

I dumped my psychiatrist as well.

Comment

Criddle, thanks for telling me about the electric shock thing; I was getting seriously worried.

And I'm really sorry you went through the same thing.
        Document everything

Comment

wow I'm sorry this is happening. I understand a little of what you're going through. I took Luvox for 10 years and about 3 years ago detoxed off of it. Convinced me to NEVER take an SSRI again. I felt disconnected and weird for days and then one day was massively sick and it was over. Never again.
          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

We're all here with you. What you're going through is tough, but remember that there are a lot of folks who like you and wish you well. Won't offer any advice - probably everybody and their dog are telling you to do this, do that, etc. Just know we're thinking of you.
            "Them boys ain't zombies! They're just stupid!"

Comment

Thanks, everyone, for the good wishes. I really just needed to vent. If I tell my husband how sick I am or how much pain I'm in, he stresses out because he can't do anything to directly help. He does wait on me and take care of things when I'm in really bad shape, but he's admitted to me that seeing me in pain just freaks him out.
              Document everything

Comment

I went off Effexor last summer. I was expecting all kinds of hell and it was relatively mild. I took the week off of work just in case, which was good as I was too dizzy to drive for several days, but that was the worst of it. I was actually pleasantly surprised (did a lot of reading on the subject beforehand, though, so I knew what to expect if I did get any of the bad stuff).
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                X