Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I quit my job today (some gross stuff, also LONG)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Amethyst Hunter View Post
    In the not-too-distant future, may your now ex-boss find himself having to pick up such delightful specimens WITH HIS TONGUE.

Good luck in Texas!
    Oh I've wished many worse things on him than that, such as cleaning out the bathroom trash cans with his tongue after some of the things we've found in there. Yeah, don't ask.

Thank you! As I've said, Texas is only a brief sojourn until my entrance into the Army, though I will obviously be heading *back* to Texas after basic training for my AIT

Comment

Good for you on quitting that job and heading to the army! No way would I touch anything like that without gloves.
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Wow. Just wow. I cannot imagine working in those situations. Wow.

Have an amazing time in Texas, Red. If my theory of universal balance is correct, all the shit you wen through the past two months will equal amazing things in Texas.

And I do hope something truly... unfortunate happens to "Jethro". Like him falling into the garbage can ^-^
        Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
        Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

I would wish that he would go out of business (his excuse for cutting my hours so much was that I couldn't run lottery and sales were slow so he couldn't justify having me there), except that my friends who work there depend on that place as their only income. Also, he has a wife and kids. I don't wish ill on people who don't deserve it. Seeing as I do not know his wife and children, I can't wish ill on them.

Comment

Wish that the other staff - the ones who need the place to feed their families - end up finding better jobs, and Jethro has to run the place single-handed.
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Exactly! I couldn't agree more, to be honest. I'm glad I got out when I did, or I might have been stuck there for years.

Comment

Back when I worked in a bookstore, all of us quit within a few days of each other (stupid corporate policy drove us to do so.)

One of my coworkers wrote a lovely eff-you letter....I wish I still had it. Something about draconian regimes and no thought or care for employees nor the customers...he was the first to go.

A few months after that, the store was completely restaffed. I laughed at the new AM.....it was the letter writter. Not only did they take him back, but promoted him
                "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Quoth RedHeadPhoneGirl View Post
                  Thank you! As I've said, Texas is only a brief sojourn until my entrance into the Army, though I will obviously be heading *back* to Texas after basic training for my AIT
                  Good luck and I'm glad you are out of there!

A friend of mine just finished AIT and has been in Germany for a few weeks. He's deploying sometime late November/early December, and he's also a medic.
                  "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

Quoth RedHeadPhoneGirl View Post
                    *Name changed to protect the not so innocent
                    But... But... I don't need protection. Prayers, but not protection. (working on posting a thread...)
                    hea·then [hee-thuhn] noun
                    1. an unconverted individual that does not acknowledge the God of the Bible.
                    2. an irreligious, uncultured, or uncivilized person.
                    3. the children of NotSoInnocent.

Comment

LOL NSI. Will be reading your thread, but that's kind of amusing

Comment

I've had my share of bosses that made me wonder how they got their jobs (and keep them,) but that's unreal!

That was a very well-written resignation letter, and hopefully it taught him something, but I suspect he's the kind of person who only learns by way of the police, court system, and Big Bubba.

I wish you luck in your new life in the Navy. It sounds like you're going to have many more stories to tell in the future—good stories!
                        "They say that ignorance is bliss. But making fun of ignorant people is also pretty blissful." --Steve of collegehumor.com

Comment

That letter was EXCELLENT! Your old boss sounds like a major douchecandle. Good on you for quitting in such an epic fashion.

Comment

Working...
                          X