This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training Swords

A friend gave my cousin some old training swords he had. They appear to be latex covered....foam? I don't think they're full weight, but they might be half or three quarters. We've been playing around with them, and really enjoying ourselves, but they're pretty old and starting to come apart, so we'd like to get new ones. Problem is, we have no idea where he got them, and can't reach him for six months or so. Google hasn't given me good results so I was hoping someone here might know where we could find some replacements.
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

pictures? I might know a few places, but the SCA types around the board might know better than I.
    Also, six months?? Where is he, Kyrgyzstan?
    EDIT: for the love of cheese, do not fix them with duct tape. Duct tape hurts.
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Basic. It might be three months this time, I can't remember. But he's not allowed to have a Facebook account any more. I could talk to his girlfriend about getting in touch with him, but he's got better things to do.

I'll get pics up when I find my camera.
      The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I used to get my martial arts weapons at martialartsupply.com. They do have some training swords:

http://www.martialartsupply.com/mart...4a6ab2a&cat=35

The bamboo ones are nice (well, they were when I got one). It stings a bit when you get hit and maybe a bruise but that's it. They also have a few foam and foam covered ones.
        Quote Dalesys:
        ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

go for the shinai, if you take off the little stings and just leave the leather on the tip, the middle and the grip, it makes a great practice weapon. Adrian Empire uses this to start people out with and it is a lot of fun. btw, by removing the little strings the bamboo shifts more and redirects more of the impact away from you.

just $.02

Comment

Shinai are great training and practice weapons.

My live steel fighting group would start newbies off with shinai to get them used to how not to injure their fighting partners.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
            X