Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably explains why the KSOs were one of the cheaper styles (which is one reason I chose that style.)

Hmmm...good to know.

Comment

As another barefooter, those shoes look incredibly appealing to me, BUT, as another shoe-lover (what is it about those of use who prefer to be barefoot that makes us love to have a closet full of rarely-worn shoes???) I can't imagine wearing them, simply because I can't imagine them going with any outfit. Just another example of the wants-to-be-comfortable-me warring with the wants-to-be-stylish-me.
      Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

I wore them with jeans all day to walk around a park. Most folks didn't even notice, and if they did, they didn't react. A few people were interested and asked questions.

You don't really wear these to be stylish. I wouldn't wear them if I was trying to dress a certain way. But to hike or work in, they rock. And in that sort of situation, who cares how they look?

Comment

I wonder how they'd be in a kitchen. Do they have non-slip coating on the bottom?
          Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Oh, yeah. Very grippy. There's a very thin, almost invisible pattern of razor-thin treads in the sole.

Comment

I was looking at getting a pair of crocs to wear in the kitchen, but I might get these instead. Wonder how they'd look w/ my chef's pants and jacket?
              Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Quoth 42_42_42 View Post
                I was looking at getting a pair of crocs to wear in the kitchen, but I might get these instead. Wonder how they'd look w/ my chef's pants and jacket?
                better than crocks
                Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Knee-length stripy socks are amazing, I'll have you know. Actually, I just seem to collect stripy socks, knee-highs, and stockings.

I wonder how that would work with my feet. I don't know if it would, since I seem to really need support due to my foot problems.

On the other hand, I also heard that from the doctor who put me in ankle braces every day from 15 years old to 22 when I finally decided I didn't want to wear the damn things anymore, they made me feel worse. Hellloooo, atrophied ankle muscles...

But they look very cool. Very weird. But very cool.
                  "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                  "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                  Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Quoth Eisa View Post
                    On the other hand, I also heard that from the doctor who put me in ankle braces every day from 15 years old to 22 when I finally decided I didn't want to wear the damn things anymore, they made me feel worse. Hellloooo, atrophied ankle muscles...
                    If you got a pair, I would ease into wearing them regularly since you have foot problems. You ever try those little 2lb ankle weights? I'm assuming thats what they were actually made for (foot problems, atrophied ankle muscles)

Comment

So if I got a sturdy pair, think I could run around NYC all day in them and not be in agony afterwards?

Comment

Quoth Amanita View Post
                        So if I got a sturdy pair, think I could run around NYC all day in them and not be in agony afterwards?
                        too many variables in this post. I assume you mean for casual wear while running errands or something similar? It really depends on how "in shape" you are. Those shoes give your legs a work out since your feet/legs are used to being supported and coddled by shoes. Try walking around barefoot for a couple of days, if you can.

Comment

Ankle weights can be tough on your knees. I have used them, and I like them,but be extremely careful with them.

Comment

Quoth 42_42_42 View Post
                            (what is it about those of use who prefer to be barefoot that makes us love to have a closet full of rarely-worn shoes???)
                            I'm the same way. I wear either my trainers or thongs when I'm not barefoot.

I do the same thing with jewelry and make-up, too. I never wear any of it.

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I live in bare feet when I am at home, only putting on shoes when I have to go outside.
                              By running around in NYC, I mean doing the tourist thing- walking the streets skyscraper-gazing, spending a decent chunk of time standing in lines at the empire state observation deck, that sort of thing. Not just running quick errands.

Comment

Working...
                              X