Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I swear cats can understand English...

So after our two fuzzbuckets have been fed, Mum goes to get OUR dinner and our youngest fuzzbucket is sitting behind Mum, waiting expectantly to get some chicken.

Dad tells mum to turn around.

Mum: Yes, do you want something?
    Cat: *licks his nose*

The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

oh yes, cats do understand English fine! My cat used to yowl my name, literally. He could say "out" and "now" and "danielle" *tiz my real name*

He would also come to you when you called him. Or rather, he would acknowledge you said his name. (ie. when you called him, he would look at you, as if he were human)

I also know, that when cats wink at you, that means they love you/trust you. Its a cat signal i suppose. Well, there have been on several occasions that i've said "I love you Aaron/fuzzbutt" and he's wink at me, then of course come over for petting.

cats are marvelous creatures.
    I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

my dog can understand English too. he understands "Buddy" (his name) "Ham Boy" "Mr. Weirdo" and many many variations of "food" and "go outside"
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Our two will understand their names, "dinner" and "outside".
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Cats completely understand us....they like to pretend they don't.

After Riley's "string incident," I was taking him home and complaining* about the large bill, that Ri is a broken cat, and that I was gonna just put him down next time.

At that last comment, Ri (who was quiet in the car) gave the most pathetic YOWL of sadness I have ever heard. I had no idea cats could make that noise, and I've had cats my whole life. Silly cat

*I was not yelling at the cat nor serious, I would never harm Riley. I love teasing him.
          "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
          "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

birds can understand English

mine understand

"door" - they go to the door to be let out
            "drink water" - they go to the water bowl and drink
            "black one" "white one" (thier favourite treats in different colours they come to get it
            they understand their names and will stop what they are doing individually and look up so its not just the sound of a voice
            "ow" - this is a signal to play peck
            the less timid one understands "come here"and will come over.The other one may understand that but does not come over.
            "go to bed" - they go to their sleeping positions
            the less timid one understands "where's *boyfriend's name* and will look round for him
            Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

My Spot, among his many talents, will come give me head butts and kisses when I say "I love you".
              SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
              SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

I've had a "conversation" with Jinx, my fluffy black cat:

JINX: Meow!
                ME: What is it?
                ME: Did little Timmy fall down the old well?
                ME: ...you pushed him, didn't you?
                JINX: (purring meow as he walks off)
                I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
                  I've had a "conversation" with Jinx, my fluffy black cat:

ME: What is it?
                  ME: Did little Timmy fall down the old well?
                  ME: ...you pushed him, didn't you?
                  JINX: (purring meow as he walks off)
                  That last bit, I wouldn't put past any cat in the world. The kid has it coming.

Got 8 cats at the moment, and every one of the little furballs seems to know more than they let on.
                  Something kind of sad about the way that things have come to be.
                  Desensitized to everything, what became of subtlety?

Comment

My dog understood "Go bother Kathy" the first time. (Kathy is his human mommy.)
                    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

My cat is bilingual. XD I'm not kidding. She understands English, Spanish (my mom's side of the family is from Venezuela, so they all speak to Chloe in Spanish. Especially my grandfather. He would baby-talk to her in Spanish), and some Italian.

She also understands the sound of the can opener and the smell of bacon cooking.
                      "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

My old girl makes a noise that sounds eerily like "done now" sometimes when she finishes eating. It's cute.
                        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

All three of my cats have gotten to where they will say "Mom" or "Mama" when they want something.......usually it's food.

Comment

Ages ago my Mom and I looked after a cat, since the owners were gone for 3 months we took him into our home.
                            My Mom was responsible for food and cuddling. My job was playing and cuddling. In the morning Mom would tell him: "Go and wake up BeeMused!" and he would walk to my room yowling at the door until I let him in.
                            I was never able to sneak home, because Katerchen (German for little tomcat) would run to the door and wait for me.
                            Mom told me that he would sit beside her when I wasn't home: "Awwww Katerchen, now your playmate isn't home..." And he would meow mournfully and snuggle up to her.

I was really sad when the owners came back.
                            No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

My Gypsy Doomkitteh will actually say nomnomnomnom while chewing on plants. And they know when I'm talking about them, even if I don't say their names.

Hell, cats have cat-telepathy too... if I'm texting or IMing or emailing about them, they come running up to me. I'll have a day where I'm IMing friends and the cats are find off doing something else, but if I even type "doomkitteh" they're running up for attention.

I now have two cats staring at me.

Help.

OMG please help!

I think they're going to... oh no they're... *whimpers* They're going to PURR ME TO DEATH!
                              "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

Working...
                              X