Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I prefer Norton too. It actually stopped that fake anti-virus program dead in it tracks. I made the mistake of going to myspace to look up a friend and that is when it stopped the anti virus thing.
    "Beam me up Scotty there is no intelligent life down here."

Comment

I've used Norton in the past and it's never really shown me that it was worth the money

RHPG :I hate hate HATE Norton. I love love love TrendMicro, but if I had my choice, I'd want Panda"

RHPG, I've used the Panda software, my boyfriend installed it for me as a sort of joke because of my obsession with pandas. It wasn't too bad, can't rememeber how long I used it for, mostly I just liked the novelty of it :-)

Comment

I use avast! on my laptop, while everyone else in the house uses Trend Micro and my dad uses AVG for his laptop IIRC.

Avast-no problems. Works like a charm for me.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth shadowpanda View Post

It's only a mild annoyance, and it won't take that long to fix. I just hope he listens to me and doesn't use his laptop. In the past, he has been known to take a sledge hammer to whatever mobile phone/computer, vcr machine doesn't work properly...
          Hmmmm, I wonder how that microwave door broke.

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
            I use avast! on my laptop, while everyone else in the house uses Trend Micro and my dad uses AVG for his laptop IIRC.

Avast-no problems. Works like a charm for me.
            I use Avast too. I used to use AVG but it let a couple nasties through so I switched. Have had zero problems since (3 years)
            The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

I thought so also (about Avast) until I started running Malwarebytes. Of course there was some weird issue about my Avast (it would stop running for no reason) so might have been that.
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Honestly, I'm liking Microsoft Security Essentials. I've had it installed on both mine, and D's computers for several months, and to date, neither box has had any infections. I scan both with Malwarebytes on occasion to make sure, and I know that MSE had caught attempts (some trojan or other) from one of my own (former) semi-regular pr0n sites and stopped it dead in it's tracks.

So they get my endorsement, for what it's worth. My sister was flabbergasted that I even suggested it, given that it's a Microsoft product.

Eric the Grey
                In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Am I the only one here running NOD32?

(Used to run Norton, but it had been getting suckier by the year, and eventually it started just eating 100% of the CPU and hanging my machine, and I would have to go into task manager and kill ccapp.exe, ccsvchst.exe and one other .exe which I forget, assuming there was even enough CPU left to run TM with. Finally just junked that, and it's not easy getting all of Symantec's tentacles out of the OS once it's wiggled its way in there. Installed Eset NOD32 and it's been good so far. Not free, though, but you get what you pay for.)

Comment

Working...
                  X