Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The most mysterious thing I've seen in a long time.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The most mysterious thing I've seen in a long time.

Actually, I have two interesting stories for the weird and wonderful.

1) I was in the shower yesterday morning, with the radio on at 92.3 FM. I barely listen anyway as it is, but whatever. In the middle of the shower, suddenly the radio cuts out, and all I hear are woodpecker noises coming from it. 1.5 seconds of pecking, followed by about 3 seconds of silence. Eventually I get out of the shower, and look at the radio, and the radio is off! O_O But the noises are still coming from the radio! I press the power button several times, (And some hard presses, too, just to be sure.) and nothing happens. Doesn't turn on or off; the display is just blank. The noise continues. I take out the batteries, and the noise doesn't stop. I'm flabberghasted at this point. Even when I was holding it upside down, the woodpecker noises continues at the same rate and pattern and delay, so I doubt there was an actual woodpecker in there. x X.'

2) I went to the bakery to pick up a birthday cake for my mom's birthday at around 11:00 AM. When I walked in the door, a young man walked in right behind me. The cashier turned to me or him (Same physical location, virtually.) and yelled

Cashier: "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?! YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIRE!!"
    Him: "What? I just want my cake.."
    Cashier: "GET OUT!! YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIRE!!! Aren't you going to take care of it!!?" She's absolutely shoo'ing him out of the store. She goes behind the counter and picks up the phone, and dials some numbers, and reports a fire at <address>, and glares at the customer to get out.
    Him: "Holy %@#$ this is weird, this is too messed up." *Leaves*

... And I walk up to the counter, not at all amused.

Me: "Do you know him or something?"
    Cashier: "Never met him."
    Me: "So ... how did you k.. .. .. know his house was on fire? ._o' "
    Cashier: "Some people just know, hon. Now what would you like?"

When I was home later that evening, there was a house on fire on that street in the news.
    SC: "Are you new or something?"
    Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

*is thoroughly creeped out*

Comment

O_o........................
      Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

She's right. Some people just know. Maybe you should ask her about Woody Woodpecker AM DJ?
        I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

O.o...... Uhhh..... Weird

Comment

That would be a normal day around here. Weird is a way of life in the Jewel of the Appalachians.
            Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Holy moly. That's some high class weird. o.O Though I gotta say the lady had mad skills about the fire. I bet she knows about all the SCs before they happen, too.
              My only regret is that I don't have a better word for "F@#k You".

Comment

Holy shit....so what about the radio is it still doing it's thing?
                https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

It stopped when we threw it into the river.
                  SC: "Are you new or something?"
                  Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

Comment

The only thing I can think of with the radio is that it burnt out enough to not work, but was still powered enough for the speakers to work, and it was picking up a signal from somewhere.

I used to have a friend that would dream about big earthquakes. At a group function on 1995 she told everybody about having dreamt about a major earthquake. The odd part is that after she said that there would be an earthquake, I told her it wouldn't really affect anyone we knew; I don't normally do that. The next night (Tuesday morning in Japan), the Kobe earthquake hit.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

About the radio...did you happen to have your cell phone in the room? Because even with a radio turned off, they'll still make weird noises when certain phones (AT&T is notorious) are nearby.

Comment

It's the text messaging that does the worst of the noises.

T-Mobile is one of the ones that does it pretty bad, but both the boyfriend and I have T-Mobile, and we never get that happening to us. But co-workers will come to my desk at work and my speakers will start up pretty bad.

Also, short wave radio signals will do that. We had a guy with a tower living next to us years and years ago, and the cheap-as-hell speakers we had at the time were always giving off all sorts of weird noise.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

PS, this speaker interference is why you should turn cell phones off, not on silent or vibrate, when going to the theatre. The signals mess with the in-house communication systems that the crew use.
                          "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                          Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth Kaylyn View Post
                            About the radio...did you happen to have your cell phone in the room? Because even with a radio turned off, they'll still make weird noises when certain phones (AT&T is notorious) are nearby.
                            I remember, before I had a cell phone, one night I was lying in bed. I was about to fall asleep when I hear my radio (that was off) go

"If the radio is on, but no one is listening, does anyone hear the audience laugh? *laughter track from every 80s sitcom*"

then I heard a loud, unearthly screaming.

I ran into my moms room, but apparently no one else heard it.
                            Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                              I remember, before I had a cell phone, one night I was lying in bed. I was about to fall asleep when I hear my radio (that was off) go

"If the radio is on, but no one is listening, does anyone hear the audience laugh? *laughter track from every 80s sitcom*"

then I heard a loud, unearthly screaming.
                              Uhm...if this happened to me, I would probably crap my pants. And then I would go running for my parents and a priest.
                              "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Working...
                              X