This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun & frustrations

Nipped out this afternoon to take my daughter & myself for flu shots, Afterwards we went for a wander about town for a while. Noticing a crowd, we went to investigate..

The local branch of a national well known bank was having a promotion day with a bit of street entertainment. There was a very loud & funny guy juggling with sharp knives while walking over the prone body of an assistant, then later he stripped down to Union Jack boxers & nipple tassels & became the filling in a bed of nails sandwich.. complete with a 6 foot man standing on the top. Boy did he look like he had a bad rash when he got up.
    Before this my daughter was a bit grumpy as she doesn't like being out among people & hates her shots, but by the time the show had finished she was giggling for ages

All was good til we set off for home. In their infinite wisdom, the people who schedule road repairs etc had decided to close one one the very main routes in & out of town, on a Friday afternoon, one of the busiest times for this road.
    So, unsurprisingly, the bus was late... very late. After the time that 2 buses should have come & gone, the station manager corralled another bus to add our route to its journey & got as many people on as possible. My daughter & I decided not to get on that one as it was so packed, she would have had a major panic attack The manager had already told us there was a guaranteed one coming in for out route after it had finished a school run so we opted to wait another 15-20 mins for that.. easier now there were some free seats to wait on
    Not fun but we got home eventually, although I was very sore from having to stand a long time, but at least my daughter was calm & unpanicked

Quite surprised though that although there was a bit of muttering amongst people as most people knew there wasn't a lot that could be done with the road closure & traffic, there was only one sucky incident in which a guy started tearing into the nice bus manager that it was ridiculous & why didn't he get someone to drive the empty bus that was sat there & why were the buses so late... etc etc ... you know the drill by now Sucky guy just did not want to listen to explanations and was quite annoyed that manager didn't give birth to a spare driver there & then & finished up shouting Well, what are we supposed to do now?
    Manager turned round & started walking off saying " I suggest you start walking"
    Not the best of things to say in the circumstances, but I didn't blame him. SG wasn't listening & manager was trying to re-arrange buses which he couldn't do with SG holding him up!

Ah well, TGIF & the weekend
    Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.
Working...
X