This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Creepy Stories Thread

I am bored and telephone angel inspired me to make a completely pointless thread. In honor of Halloween, let's post some creepy stories. They don't have to be personal stories, they can just be some creepy shit you read on the internet (like mine!).

This one is poorly written, but the mental image I got was creepy as hell.

A man went to a hotel and walked up to the front desk to check in. The woman at the desk gave him his key and told him that on the way to his room, there was a door with no number that was locked and no one was allowed in there. She explained that it was a storeroom, and that it was out of bounds. She reminded him of this several times before allowing him upstairs. So he followed the instructions of the woman at the front desk, going straight to his room, and going to bed. However the insistence of the woman had piqued his curiosity, so the next night he walked down the hall to the door and tried the handle. Sure enough it was locked. He bent down and looked through the wide keyhole. Cold air passed through it, chilling his eye.

What he saw was a hotel bedroom, like his, and in the corner was a woman whose skin was incredibly pale. She was leaning her head against the wall, facing away from the door. He stared in confusion for a while, was this a celebrity? The owners daughter? He almost knocked on the door, out of curiosity, but decided not to. As he was still looking, the woman turned sharply and he jumped back from the door, hoping she would not suspect he had been spying on her. He crept away from the door and walked back to his room. The next day, he returned to the door and looked through the wide keyhole. This time, all he saw was redness. He couldn’t make anything out besides a distinct red color, unmoving. Perhaps the inhabitants of the room knew he was spying the night before, and had blocked the keyhole with something red. He felt embarrassed that he had made the woman so uncomfortable, and hoped she had not made a complaint with the woman on the front desk.

At this point he decided to consult her for more information. After some gentle quizzing and the promise that the explanation would go no further than him she finally said "Well, I might as well tell you the story of what happened in that room. A long time ago, a man murdered his wife in there, we find that even now, people get uncomfortable staying there. But these people were not ordinary. They were white all over, except for their eyes, which were red."
    This one gives me the heebies in the middle of the day

A beautiful young girl is left home alone with only her dog to protect her. On the news that night, they announced there is a serial killer on the loose in the area. Before she goes to bed, she locks all the doors and tries to lock all the windows, but the one in the basement won't lock. She decides to leave it unlocked, but locks the basement door and goes to bed. Her dog takes its customary place under her bed.

In the deep of night she awakens to a dripping sound coming from her bathroom. Half-awake, the girl feels the comforting lick from her dog and falls back to sleep. She reawakens to the dripping sound, reaches her hand down to the dog where she feels the reassuring lick and falls back to sleep. Once more, she awakens to the dripping sound. She reaches her hand down and feels the lick of her dog.

Now curious about the dripping sound, she gets up and slowly walks towards the bathroom, the dripping sound getting louder as she approaches. She reaches the bathroom and turns on the light. She is greeted by a horrific sight; hanging from the shower nozzle is her dog with its throat slit open and its blood dripping into the bathtub.

Something on the bathroom mirror catches her eye; she turns around. Written on the wall in her dog's blood are the words "Humans can lick too."
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Damn you, Whiskey.

Story #2 got me too...

Someone hold me...

Comment

I'll hold you if you hold me. This is why I can't read scary stories before bedtime. [Like Dean Koontz's Phantoms...SCARY!]

I should type up the story of my haunted house.
      "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
      "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
      Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Here is a story I was told while on a ghost tour of the Queen Mary some 15 years ago.

The tour guide had taken us forward to a room that looked much like any other. To set the mood, she had the room light turned off and did the whole lighting up her face with the flashlight.

The Queen Mary was setting sail, as usual, and shortly before disembarking a well-dressed gentleman boarded. He checked in at the front desk and his luggage was stowed.

Once they reached his room, he tipped the cabin boy. He inquired of the young lad if he might know of any ladies who would be amenable to spending an evening with him, as he was traveling alone and it would be a couple of weeks before they reached the far side of the Atlantic. The boy informed him that he would do his best. True to his word, he found a lady that would see the gentleman, and received another tip from the passenger.

Neither the gentleman or the lady attended dinner that evening, which was remarked upon, but let to pass. However, when neither appeared for breakfast the next morning, it was decided that someone should be dispatched to see if there was any trouble. The cabin boy returned to the room and knocked, but there was no answer. He then went to fetch the purser.

He returned to the room, purser in tow, and watched as the senior staff used his keys to open the room. The sight that greeted them was most grisly. The poor lady had been brutally murdered and her blood was splashed across the walls and ceiling and pooled upon the floor.

Immediately, they both bolted, heading to the front desk where they might look up the name of the gentleman who had been in the room so that they might charge him for her murder. However, when they looked into the log, there was no one assigned to that room. And despite him having been witnessed signing his name, the line was found to be blank. Finally, they checked stowage to find that there was no luggage, either.

However, the tips he had given the cabin boy were still there.
        ^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I'm going to post the lyrics to my favorite song to sing when I want to make an impression first. Kindly imagine a small woman with bright red hair who looks almost childlike singing this. I'd post a link to the song but I changed the tune so that wouldn't work.

I live in a town called Millhaven
          And it's small and it's mean and it's cold
          But if you come around just as the sun goes down
          You can watch the whole town turn to gold
          It's around about then that I used to go a-roaming
          Singing La la la la La la la lie
          All God's children they all gotta die
          My name is Loretta but I prefer Lottie
          I'm closing in on my fifteenth year
          And if you think you have seen a pair of eyes more green
          Then you sure didn't see them around here
          My hair is yellow and I'm always a-combing
          La la la la La la la lie
          Mama often told me we all got to die
          You must have heard about The Curse Of Millhaven
          How last Christmas Bill Blake's little boy didn't come home
          They found him next week in One Mile Creek
          His head bashed in and his pockets full of stones
          Well, just imagine all the wailing and moaning
          La la la la La la la lie
          Even little Billy Blake's boy, he had to die
          Then Professor O'Rye from Millhaven High
          Found nailed to his door his prize-winning terrier
          Then next day the old fool brought little Biko to school
          And we all had to watch as he buried her
          His eulogy to Biko had all the tears a-flowing
          La la la la La la la lie
          Even God's little creatures, they have to die
          Our little town fell into a state of shock
          A lot of people were saying things that made little sense
          Then the next thing you know the head of Handyman Joe
          Was found in the fountain of the Mayor's residence
          Foul play can really get a small town going
          La la la la La la la lie
          Even God's children all have to die
          Then, in a cruel twist of fate, old Mrs Colgate
          Was stabbed but the job was not complete
          The last thing she said before the cops pronounced her dead
          Was, "My killer is Loretta and she lives across the street!"
          Twenty cops burst through my door without even phoning
          La la la la La la la lie
          The young ones, the old ones, they all gotta die
          Yes, it is I, Lottie. The Curse Of Millhaven
          I've struck horror in the heart of this town
          Like my eyes ain't green and my hair ain't yellow
          It's more like the other way around
          I gotta pretty little mouth underneath all the foaming
          La la la la La la la lie
          Sooner or later we all gotta die
          Since I was no bigger than a weavil they've been saying I was evil
          That if "bad" was a boot that I'd fit it
          That I'm a wicked young lady, but I've been trying hard lately
          O fuck it! I'm a monster! I admit it!
          It makes me so mad my blood really starts a-going
          La la la la La la la lie
          Mama always told me that we all gotta die
          Yeah, I drowned the Blakey kid, stabbed Mrs. Colgate, I admit
          Did the handyman with his circular saw in his garden shed
          But I never crucified little Biko, that was two junior high school psychos
          Stinky Bohoon and his friend with the pumpkin-sized head
          I'll sing to the lot, now you got me going
          La la la la La la la lie
          All God's children have all gotta die
          There were all the others, all our sisters and brothers
          You assumed were accidents, best forgotten
          Recall the children who broke through the ice on Lake Tahoo?
          Everyone assumed the "Warning" signs had followed them to the bottom
          Well, they're underneath the house where I do quite a bit of stowing
          La la la la La la la lie
          Even twenty little children, they had to die
          And the fire of '91 that razed the Bella Vista slum
          There was the biggest shit-fight this country's ever seen
          Insurance companies ruined, land lords getting sued
          All cause of wee girl with a can of gasoline
          Those flames really roared when the wind started blowing
          La la la la La la la lie
          Rich man, poor man, all got to die
          Well I confessed to all these crimes and they put me on trial
          I was laughing when they took me away
          Off to the asylum in an old black Mariah
          It ain't home, but you know, it's fucking better than jail
          It ain't such bad old place to have a home in
          La la la la La la la lie
          All God's children they all gotta die
          Now I got shrinks that will not rest with their endless Rorschach tests
          I keep telling them they're out to get me
          They ask me if I feel remorse and I answer, "Why of course!
          There is so much more I could have done if they'd let me!"
          So it's Rorschach and Prozac and everything is groovy
          All God's children they all have to die
          La la la la La la la lie
          I'm happy as a lark and everything is fine
          Yeah, everything is groovy and everything is fine
          All God's children they gotta die
          The next is a fairy tale I rewrote as a challenge. I may or may not be a creepy story teller as a hobby...

There once lived a king who had 7 beautiful daughters. He loved his little girls so much that every night he locked them up just to be sure they were safe. Now his daughters did not like this very much, they wanted to go out and dance and meet other people their age.

Well one morning the king went into his daughters' room and found that thier lovly silver dancing shoes had been turned the color of fresh blood and their feet were torn and bloody. The king was greatly alarmed by this sight and tried to force his daughters to tell him what happened. None of them would explain to thier father how their shoes came to be so red.

This continued every night. Finally the king offered a reward to any creature who could discovered what harmed his beautiful daughters everynight. The proclimation went accross the land and every prince came forth to test his luck.

There was a catch however. If after three nights you could not say where the princesses went you were to be beheaded and your body flung to the crows on traitors hill. No less then ten princes tempted and recieved this fate before the young handmaiden arrived.

She was not fair by any strech of the imigination yet she demanded to be allowed to try to discover where the princesses went. The king and others tried to sway her from her path yet she persisted. The princesses laughed at her and gladly allowed her to try.

The first night the eldest princesses brought the little hand maiden food and drink. Tha hand maiden wet her lips on her cup and dashed the contents out the window. She then pretended to sleep. The eldest princess laughed at how easily that had dispatched their would be discoverer and opened a hidden door in the floor. No sooner had they all gone down the door then the little hand maiden jumped up and followed them.

They traversed down a stairway made of animal skulls before comming to a forrest of bones. The little handmaiden was terrified but she followed the princesses in slience. 'I should take one of these twigs for proof' she thought to herself as she snapped off a fingerbone. The youngest princess heard the noise and spun around, trying to see who was following. The little handmaiden hid behind a tree and was safe.

Next they came to a marsh made of human hair. The princesses walked confidently across and the little handmaiden ripped a tuft of hair for proof. The youngest princess again turned to see who followed, but the little hand maiden ducked into the stinking marsh and was safe.

Finally they came to a river of blood. On this river there were 7 boats and in each boat was a hellish prince. One princess went to each boat and the little hand maiden had to swim across. The youngest princess heard the splashing and turned to look, but the little hand maiden ducked beneith the warm liquid and was safe.

At the other side of the river there was a palace made entirely of flame and shadows. The princesses, with their princes went to dance until the early morning on a floor woven with human leg bones and cushioned with bloody muscles.

The next morning the king demanded the little handmaiden to tell him where his daughters had gone. She told him of the hellish encounter and presented the bone and hair and her bloody clothing as evidence. The king summoned his daughters and they could not deny what the little handmaiden said. The kind told the little hand maiden to choose her prize.

The little hand maiden merely laughed, her eyes blazing with an unholy glow. 'I have my pize you ignorant fool. Your daughters dance with my sons each night and their pretty souls are mine!' With that the little hand maiden and the princesses disappeared down to their hellish home. Never to be seen again.

The End
          Me to a friend: I know I'm crazy, you know I'm crazy, the zombies at the end of the world will know I'm crazy. Thus not eating my brain for fear of ingesting the crazy. It's my survival plan.

Comment

A guy I once knew told me this story about a friend of his. (Yes, I know... friend of a friend.)

This friend of his, a college student, was at home one night when he went to the kitchen for a drink of water. He was still living with his parents, but they were away on vacation, so he had the house (a large one) to himself.

It was late at night when he went downstairs for the drink of water, and to get to the kitchen, he had to go through the living room, which had a large picture window. He had a very creepy feeling after going through the living room, so after he got his water, he went quietly and carefully to the front door and peered through the peephole.

Someone was standing on the porch, right on the other side of the door, eye to peephole. The college student saw the other person's eye up close, with only the door separating them.

He went over backwards in a dead faint. When he woke up, he mustered the courage to look through the peephole again. Nobody there.

Comment

I really like the fairy tale.Write more.

This is my friend's story from when he was away at college he was sharing a house with a few other guys who used to good naturedly hide his food and drink.He would go to his marked cupboard in the kitchen to get something and then have to hunt round for his food.He would find it hidden behind the shower curtain and other places.

They all got on well together and that was the only thing they did to him although they all denied it so he put up with it.

Then came the Christmas holidays and all the others went back home to various parts of the country. He wanted to stay and do some work and he had nowhere else to go (I don't know where his parents were) The first week he went shopping and put all his things away in his cupboard.

The first time he got up to get a bag of (potato chips or something) he found the food in his cupboard had been moved.He went back into the room he came out of and the bag of potato chips was on the chair he had just got out of.

He was definately all alone in the house.
              Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

From online three stories which really scared me-

one was the "blackeyes kids" - google for stories of them

another was a story of some creature running amok in a hamburger joint disguised as a human which I can't now find

the worst was the one about the creature which sat on a wall looking at the occupants of a car as they drove past - again i can't find it right now.

Comment

There's another one somewhere on the web -

There was a young girl who used to go to work every day and always talked to an old man at the bus stop about where she was going and what she was doing.

One day she overslept and her father called her work to say he would bring her as soon as possible.The manager replied that he could not be her father because "her father already rang and said she would not be at work that day".

After that she stopped talking to old men at bus stops.

Comment

Don't have any of my own, but I have read a number of these: http://www.dagonbytes.com/thelibrary...aft/index.html

And I normally shouldn't read creepy stories, because they tend to shut down the rational side of my thinking and I start getting paranoid. But that second story from the first post ("humans can lick too") has never worked for me. I can't manage the suspension of disbelief for it for some reason.

So I always end up wondering, "How did he know to lick her hand?" and "This guy is amazingly patient for a serial killer."
                    » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

some of the posts on creepypasta are quite freaky.

Comment

just remebered there was a short story by author excapes me but it was called "windows" if you an find it I found it really creepy.

also i wish i could remember the author because i want to read more of his/her work I once read a whole book of creepy short stories all of the type

*mr x was in a store and he went up the stairs and there was nobody up there and no exit down and he was trapped there forever because the staircase had disappeared*

*someone was in the subway and they took the train and realised that the tunnel was getting narrower and narrower until the train was trapped and hemmed in*

that kind of thing really scares me.

Comment

*Not super-creepy, but definitely made me feel weird.......'tis an incident from last night (well, early this morning)*

It was about 1:30 am, I'd gotten up to use the bathroom, and was just settling back into bed with two of my cats, when I heard what sounded like someone knocking on my apartment door. My eldest cat was NOT in the bedroom with me, and since she has a habit of opening/getting into the lower kitchen cabinets, I figured that must be it.

However, the knocking started up again a few seconds later, and I realized that someone was indeed knocking on the door. Obviously I wasn't expecting anyone at that hour, and since I never answer the door when I don't know who it is, I went to go look through the peephole. By the time I got there, the person had started knocking on my neighbor's door, and all I could tell was that it was a man with a shaved head, and he was wearing a red t-shirt. I couldn't immediately identify him as one of the maintenance staff or a fellow apartment resident, so I kept my door shut.

What kind of creeped me out was that the guy was standing as though he was listening for sounds of someone being in the neighbor's apartment, perhaps casing things out with an intent to break in. Because if someone actually had a maintenance-related emergency, that person wouldn't have been knocking on everyone's door, just the person who had reported it.

Comment

Quoth KabeRinnaul View Post
                            So I always end up wondering, "How did he know to lick her hand?"
                            You, too, huh? Plus, a dog tongue feels nothing like a person tongue.

We're just a couple of mood-killers.

There's a book I used to have called "Ghosts, Ghosts, Ghosts" that I always liked. The stories weren't terribly spooky, but had a good mix between spooky and clever. It is an anthology of stories aimed at younger readers.

One story is about a kid that visits a haunted house and gets spooked by the ghost within. But he gets mad at himself for allowing himself to be spooked when all the ghost did was float down the stairs, so he goes back. When he gets back, he finds the ghost at the bottom of the stairs, laughing at having made him run, so he decides to get back at the ghost and sneaks up on it and spooks it back. There's more to the story, of course, but I can't really do it justice.

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Eireann View Post

He went over backwards in a dead faint. When he woke up, he mustered the courage to look through the peephole again. Nobody there.
                              aw man my computer sits my back to my front door. aw mannn.
                              Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Working...
                              X