This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'One size fits all'?

Such a joke, those words. XD That or my mouth is just weirdly shaped. I bought a vampire facepaint kit for my costume for Halloween, and I tried the fangs today. They do not fit. Even after trimming them down a bit (they're the cheap squishy kind that, now that I think of it, I should probably not be putting into my mouth in case they have latex x.x), they will not stay put and do not fit inside my mouth. Blah. I dunno what to do. I don't have a plan B.
    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Quoth firecat88 View Post
    Such a joke, those words. XD That or my mouth is just weirdly shaped. I bought a vampire facepaint kit for my costume for Halloween, and I tried the fangs today. They do not fit. Even after trimming them down a bit (they're the cheap squishy kind that, now that I think of it, I should probably not be putting into my mouth in case they have latex x.x), they will not stay put and do not fit inside my mouth. Blah. I dunno what to do. I don't have a plan B.
    I feel your pain. My mouth was never wide enough for those things.

What I would suggest is to perhaps remove the fang bits from the rest of it, and use a temporary adhesive to affix only those inside your mouth? I have no idea if that would work or not.

I actually had a casting done of my mouth for an actual set of prosthetic vampire teeth and the person who did it left the mold out as it set and it shrank.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Yeah, my mouth is very weirdly-shaped (*has had 4 permanent teeth pulled because there was not enough space in her mouth for all of her teeth, so they were coming in all wonky. And then had braces e.e*), so I'm not entirely surprised that they didn't fit. I've been told I need to get different ones and probably just not try to keep snipping away at these things.
      "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Hot Topic (and some Halloween stores) sells fangs. They're just the fang part, not a whole mouth thing. The sets come with special putty that makes them fit your teeth perfectly.
        hea·then [hee-thuhn] noun
        1. an unconverted individual that does not acknowledge the God of the Bible.
        2. an irreligious, uncultured, or uncivilized person.
        3. the children of NotSoInnocent.

Comment

I did see those at the Halloween store in the mall. Would've gotten them if they weren't $16. At the time, it seemed kinda ridiculous, but now they're looking more promising.

Comment

They may be on the pricey side, but they last for -years-.
            hea·then [hee-thuhn] noun
            1. an unconverted individual that does not acknowledge the God of the Bible.
            2. an irreligious, uncultured, or uncivilized person.
            3. the children of NotSoInnocent.

Comment

Unless your husband borrows them and decides not to take them out while eating.

Comment

Quoth NotSoInnocent View Post
                Hot Topic (and some Halloween stores) sells fangs. They're just the fang part, not a whole mouth thing. The sets come with special putty that makes them fit your teeth perfectly.
                I could not get those to work, they just wouldn't stay on my teeth.
                The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Have you tried the warm water treatment?

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                    Have you tried the warm water treatment?
                    I have not. What do I need to do?

Comment

I had to throw a five minute costume together once and what I came up with was "vampire." (I had to explain why that was the best I could do...I hate vampires.)

I took some press on fake nails and glued the pinky nails to my canines with super glue. It looked amazing. Make sure they are not so long they stick out very far...it does not take much to get the effect, your teeth are smaller than you think.

I know, leap of faith. My teeth are strong and nothing bad happened as a result. Your mileage may vary. Judge your own teeth.

And for the love of all that is holy, do not accidently glue the nail to the inside of your cheek. I'm just sayin'.

Comment

I have not. What do I need to do?
                        Take a bowl of water that easily covers the teeth and nuke it till it's warm. Carefully put the teeth into the water for twenty or so seconds... This should soften them and then put into your mouth. If they aren't real pliable... Rewarm the water and give then 30-45 secs more and then try fitting them in yourmouth again. This will also make shortening them easier as the plastic will be softer.

Comment

Quoth NotSoInnocent View Post
                          Yes, Literally. I have a pair from about 6 years ago.

Theyre awesome. They go on sale after halloween (not that it helps you now), but would be good for next year.

Comment

Got some new fangs. These ones have a 10-step set of instructions involving boiling water and stuff, so I shall do that. Hopefully these work out better. I *neeeeeeeed* fangs. I need them or I will explode. That happens to me sometimes. (Bonus points for the ref. XD)

Comment

Got some new fangs. These ones have a 10-step set of instructions involving boiling water and stuff, so I shall do that. Hopefully these work out better. I *neeeeeeeed* fangs. I need them or I will explode. That happens to me sometimes. (Bonus points for the ref. XD)
                              So...the warm water method like I suggested above?

Comment

Working...
                              X