This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halloween Costume Roundup 2010

So, I thought this year we can post a thread on what everyone is dressing up as (work, home, party, family etc.) or costumes that you see or hear about.

I'll kick this one off with the costume I'm doing for Halloween and the costume I heard about:

My costume: I'm going as a black cat. Basically cat ears, black top, tail, work pants and flats and also facepaint. Well, by facepaint I mean black eyeliner and pink and silver eyeshadow pencil.

Boyfriend's costume: basic pirate. Complete with hook and possibly a stuffed parrot if I can get one in time (and also stop the cats from thinking it's real). What's funny is that the host of the party we're going to is also going as a pirate.

Suggested costume from one of my former workmates: Libra Invisible Pads guy. Only way I can explain it is with this commercial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgMl-iZ3tZM
    (somewhat safe for work)
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

I'm going as a catgirl. Velvet top and skirt, leopard print ears, tail and paws. I will make the paws myself by sewing paw prints to a pair of leopard print gloves I have. I will do my eyes as Egyptian cat eyes with eyeliner.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

I made a zombie costume for Zombiecon this year and will probably be rewearing it, but trying to do more with the wounds this time - liquid latex to make raised gashes, etc.

Comment

I'm not bothering, unless I do the obigatory SCA cop out and wear garb. I may drag out the Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas thing again. I dunno. I'm busy making one for my kid, I don't have time to do one for myself.

She's going as Starfire. My nephew is going as Robin. Should be cute.

Comment

I'm going as Magda from the musical version of Tanz Der Vampire. I have the red wig, the tavern wench costume...and a vampire face paint kit. The only other costume that I know about for sure is one of my friends. He's going to be a ninja.
          "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

I'm going as a twisted Cheshire cat. I've got a silver and purple choli that I made, along with a floor length purple and light blue skirt I also made. I'm making little silver and purple striped bun covers to stick my hair up into for ears.
            Me to a friend: I know I'm crazy, you know I'm crazy, the zombies at the end of the world will know I'm crazy. Thus not eating my brain for fear of ingesting the crazy. It's my survival plan.

Comment

Im going as a pirate.

Having a big party on Saturday. Maybe Ill share a pic afterwards.

Comment

Khan and I have double costumes: the costume everyone will understand, and the geektastic costume. We took professional pictures of them both so when I get them back and scan them, I will post them.

Mainstream costume: pirate and princess.

Geektastic costume: The Fourth Doctor from Doctor Who (Khan has super-curly hair), Sarah Jane Smith and K-9 (made of cardboard and spray paint).
                https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                  I'm not bothering, unless I do the obigatory SCA cop out and wear garb. I may drag out the Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas thing again. I dunno. I'm busy making one for my kid, I don't have time to do one for myself.
                  Cheater! I've done it. Repeatedly.

She's going as Starfire. My nephew is going as Robin. Should be cute.
                  Pics definitely needed!

Closest I'm getting this year is black shoes and pants, and the t-shirt my wife found for me that says "Budget Ninja Uniform."
                  "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

i'll be a leopard.

ears, collar, and tail. i will do makeup myself. i'll do my eyes and do a nose and mouth and whiskers. ill wear all black probably. and i will be doing my nails. base color gold, with black spots on them, with a little white

muahahha....oh...and i'll be working

Comment

Well my daughter wants to be a princess, and my son can't make up his mind, (he's either going as a cowboy, a construction worker or an oil rig worker.)

Since I have short hair, I'm not missing this oppertunity to wear my really long scarf and be the 4th Dr. Who.

...although because I am a huge nerd, I am incredibly tempted to just dress as a huge nerd. ie: Starfleet uniform, Jayne hat, Dr. Who scarf and carry a lightsaber.
                      Last edited by Kanalah; 10-27-2010, 07:25 PM.
                      https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Finally got my costume finished. As I've stated on a couple of other threads, I'm going as a Silent Hill nurse. My husband is going as retired Cobra Commander (he'll wear the mask, but the rest of the costume is pajama pants, wife-beater, and bathrobe). One friend of ours is going as a taco...we're supposed to have tacos at the party, so he'll be a cannibalistic taco I guess? Another friend is gonna be Red Riding Hood, I think, and another says her costume will be a scam artist disguised as a psychic. I'm not sure how that will work.

Comment

I have a sci-fi con this weekend, so I have three cosplays- Skyscraper Goddess, Black Jedi, and Shaak Ti.

Comment

if i dress up - ren faire cop-out garb, possibly pick up some elf ears and go as an elven princess - if i get mistaken for Arwen from LOTR, fine whatever
                            I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Quoth Treasure View Post
                              if i dress up - ren faire cop-out garb, possibly pick up some elf ears and go as an elven princess - if i get mistaken for Arwen from LOTR, fine whatever

Same here. I've got a steel-boned corset, might as well get some use out of it. No elf ears though, I just run around in Ren wear.

Comment

Working...
                              X